What's new

Indian Tools at a garage sale

cyberdan

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
4,599
Reaction score
2,232
Golden Thread
0
Location
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought there used to be a forum just for indian artifacts but couldn't find it now.
I bought all these arrowheads, and other tools at a yardsale last year. I think they were collected 25-30 years ago. Anybody know anything about old indian tools? age and $$?
 

Attachments

  • TOOLS-02.webp
    TOOLS-02.webp
    47.7 KB · Views: 173
  • TOOLS-03.webp
    TOOLS-03.webp
    53.9 KB · Views: 160
  • TOOLS-04.webp
    TOOLS-04.webp
    28.5 KB · Views: 214
  • TOOLS-05.webp
    TOOLS-05.webp
    33.9 KB · Views: 168
  • TOOLS-06.webp
    TOOLS-06.webp
    30.6 KB · Views: 157
  • TOOLS-01.webp
    TOOLS-01.webp
    9.5 KB · Views: 148
Upvote 0
You have got some really nice points there. I am from Illinois, not far from Chester, some really good hunting there. The artifacts forum is under north American artifacts, about two thirds down the forums menu. Don't know how much you paid, but I think you will do very well with those. There is a big white one on the left of the third pic. Looks like it might be fluted, which would mean big bucks if it's authentic. Good luck.
 
Nice, I see at least 3 that are probably big money points. The ones in the top right and left corners of the 3rd pic, and the nice kirk or lost lake in the 4th pic (the corner notched point). I'm not well versed on point types in that area, so I can't say what they are for sure. Adena, Dalton, Pinetree, Kirk, and lost lake come to mind with these. Not sure which of these are found in that area and fit the bill without freshening up a little bit on them. I'm pretty sure the Pinetrees, Kirks, and Adenas are found in that area but not sure on Lost lakes and Daltons.
 
Last edited:
Nice looking collection of artifacts. I don't see any obvious Paleo and I also don't see a Dalton in that bunch. I do however see a Dovetail in the first picture 3rd from the right in the first full row of Points at the top. There's also some nice Flint Celts, a nice Axe, some nice Knives, and the Lost Lake or large Kirk just to the right of the Axe. If you paid less that $150 then you got a great deal and since you got them at a yard sale I would guess you probably a lot less than that.
 
arrow_head.gif
Nice finds cyberdan.
 
Dan, I once purchased some really nice points at a yardsale on a whim for $5 "because I thought they looked cool". I later showed them to a buddy of mine casually and his eyes lit up and told me each point had a value of $75-100. Congrats and thanks for sharing!
 
Nice points!
 
That looks like a good yard sale score to me.
 
Thanks guys, I get the "point"

can't remember what i paid but at yardsales my nickname is dollardan.

I will post on the American forum too.

I do not recognize any tribe names mentioned but i am on the westcoast. I know a lot of tribe names out here only because every one has a casino.
 
Hey Dan,
Can I ask the length of that corner notched point in between the axes?
 
Dan, those piece are much older then any of the known tribes that existed in the area. Those are all prehistoric artifacts and are thousands of years old. If you want some more info on your pieces Google the terms Archaic Culture and Woodland Culture and you will lots of info on those types of artifacts.
 
In the forth picture down the piece on the left looks to be a nice dalton adz.
 
Why such a price difference on the arrowheads sold on ebay. I saw some nice ones going for a few dollars and others $50 - 100.
 
Style age rarity condition and demand. That type is pleasing to the eye and hard to find in good condition at it is easily broke. So a good specimen will be worth more that a few dollars Dan. Grim knows prices and market.
 
Real nice artifacts , great find cyberdan . cheers Mick
 
I am interested in selling. Other than feeBay where would be a good place?
 
Style age rarity condition and demand. That type is pleasing to the eye and hard to find in good condition at it is easily broke. So a good specimen will be worth more that a few dollars Dan. Grim knows prices and market.

Don't forget material and Good provenance.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom