Indiana Hunters?

Dinkydick

Oct 2, 2004
Hey you guys from Michigan City. Do they still have that amusement park down by Lake Michigan?

I used to run a party boat from Chicago to Michigan City on the summer weekends. This was in the
middle 60's. We took 150 passengers across the lake (35 miles) to the park. We then would unload, clean
the boat and re-load for the return trip. These trips lasted 10 hours.

If the park nolonger exsists you might try MDing in the area. As I remember it was walking distance from the harbor. HH

Dinkydick

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, cool story 8) Its a small world, isnt it.

No, i dont know of any amusement parks there since i lived there. From the sound of it, it had to be in now what is Washington park, and i bet its where the fedders alley section is.

Things change to say the least...in this case for the worst, i'm sorry to say! That area, if it is old amusement grounds, is probably the worst area in Michigan City now. Totally crime ridden and a crack head paradise! I dont know if i'd want to detect there now, and if i did i would be carrying gun. This area now borders what they call the "Canada" section of the city. Dont know why its called "Canada" and never did, but it's the central point for most of the homocides in the city.

Great story, DD. 8) It's nice to hear of the good old days had there before i was born and to think of the place in a different light, instead of only for what it is now. HH. 8)

sssnake31

Dec 27, 2004
Northwest Indiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my guess would be Washington Park also. Don't make it there very often, have taken the kids to the zoo and hung on the beach but we are gone before dusk for sure. Not sure of the crime rate or anything but we've never had a problem so far. (knock on wood).

P

pkpk4me

Hey Dinkydick! You think that it may have been just a little farther north. There was the old Silver Beach Amusement Park in St. Joesph MI. They tore down in the early 70's. I use to go up there as a kid. Was only 45 min. drive from Here in South Bend.

N

neudude

there was a amusement park in washington park looooong time ago, you could find treasure in canada now .....on the riverboat!

Dinkydick

Oct 2, 2004
Neudude:

Don't make me feel that old. HA HA.

I just had to bring it up as it brings back many memories. I am sure that the park I was refering to was Washington. Sorry to hear about what it has turned into. If the area ever gets cleaned up it would be worth a look. I think I lost a few silver dollars there. If you find any the first five are mine.

Take care HH

Dinkydick

M

mbrolin

Sure didn't feel like 40, it was cold. Though those 3 years liveing in California spoiled me.

FoxHound0985

Feb 5, 2005
Amber Waves of Grain!
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi there, I'm from Jeffersonville (right across the Ohio River from Louisville, KY). Anyone live near by? If so, maybe we could hook up sometime and swap some sites. HH!

Fox

J

jcc72

Hi, New guy from Muncie. Going to Key West next week for vacation and I seem to be catching the bug. All new to me but in time I will get a little more educated. Cool site!!

M

mbrolin

Have fun, and good luck huning in your trip. Been there, Key West is a blast.

F

Fighter59

Brand new to the sport. I'm from Fort Wayne. Got my first MD for Christmas so I'm anxious for the snow to melt.

Keith (Indiana)

Jan 4, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
I live about an hour north of Indy in Frankfort but hunt all over central Indiana.

Here's a pic of a find I made close to home a few weeks ago:

Attachments

• 1854PSeatedLibertyHalfDollar110505C.jpg
    1854PSeatedLibertyHalfDollar110505C.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 980

keysync

Jan 24, 2006
Lake Placid, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Near Warsaw Indiana Here.

The Fla. keys are fun to search. I found a diamond ring there many years ago.

wirelessworldinc

Dec 30, 2005
Indiana
Hello, I'm new to the site. I live in the most southwest tip of Indiana. I finally went out last saturday and bought my first md. It is a Bounty Hunter 505. I don't know anything about them so I hope it is good. In the first 10 minutes of hunting in my own driveway I found 2 pennies (clad). I was hoping to find a diamond necklace I lost, but I need to get better at listening to the sounds. I went out later in the day to a friend of mine's rivercamp and all I found was rusty nails. So I decided to walk through the woods and found two beautiful pieces of driftwood.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread