Indiana

elkboy

Jan 29, 2004
Muncie, IND
Detector(s) used
whites XLT Spectrum
Welcome to the addiction, I'm From Muncie maybe we could hook up some time and hit some old farm houses.

OP
OP
M

mbrolin

Cool, sounds good to me. My e-mail is [email protected]. My name is Matt. I'm pretty much free till I go back to school this August.

Jan 17, 2005
Mbrolin:

I'm willing to meet up sometime too, but lets wait until the sub-zero temps head North! My time is limited, but my desire for finding that silver isn't. To contact me just send me an e-mail at .

Indypinpointer

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
Any of you around North Vernon? I have a son there that I visit two or three times a year. Plan to take my MD next time.

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
Indiana is a great state to hunt. Check with Leon here on the forum, he lives in Indiana, I think?
I lived there all my life, in New Castle, until I moved to Myrtle Beach a little over 6 years ago. I hunted with a lot of success at some of the old school houses and farm houses all over the state.
KEEP IN MIND, a lot of the parks close at night. DON'T HUNT THEM AT NIGHT. I put a story about a park in Lawrence on the forum a couple months ago. To sum it up, I was at the park one night after it was closed and was run off by the local law enforcement. I was with a PT's Dancer (not detecting by the way, just "diggin' some plugs").
Any way, good luck and keep us posted.
xXx

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
I'm from Indy.northwest side. Will be ready to go when the snow melts. Send a PM to get to get together the.--

to: Renegade-7 North Vernon..interesting. My father's family is originally from Dupont. History rich area down there. Would love to go there sometime too.

Dave

mvSWAT

Sep 21, 2004
Mt. Vernon, Indiana
xXx, how long ago was that? I used to be a cop here and did a lot of security for the school.
I'm looking forward to hitting some of the old home sites and areas in Point Township.

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
I would have graduated in 1987 from Mt. Vernon, but moved to New Castle and graduated there. Are we talking about the same place. I'm not familiar with Point Township.
The Mt. Vernon I went to was off HWY. 234 just east of Indy. The Mt. Comfort and Fortville areas went to that school.
xXx

mvSWAT

Sep 21, 2004
Mt. Vernon, Indiana
xXx....I guess we aren't talking about the same place, I'm in Mt. Vernon, Indiana where there is only one high school....Mt. Vernon High School. I didn't know there was another in Indiana.

OP
OP
M

mbrolin

Been a while since I've checked the forunm here. I'd love to go out some time and metal detect with you Indypinpointer and alwayslookin. I live in Greenfield just east of Indy. Hey, xXx I also went to Mt. Vernon High school, the one not in Mount Vernon, but in Fortville. I graduated in 99. Small would isn't it.

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
I live in Franklin and would love to hook up with you guys! found a 1890 indian head penny in some partially frozen tundra today!

bigrig

OP
OP
M

mbrolin

What part of the State do you live in bigrig40?

OP
OP
M

mbrolin

I'll hook up with you Bigrig40, I don't mind where, I don't mind driveing. Though I'm not one to get out in this cold like you*S*, so it would be in the Spring or Summer. I think it would be good detecting along the Ohio River, there is so much history there especialy with River trade and river Pirates.

I'd also this summer like to try some prospecting, I hear they do some panning for gold in Brown County, and would like to try that out too

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions