Indians in Germany

*Dig-Dug*

Aug 13, 2008
Herndon, VA - Kill Devil Hills, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Bandito II
Got out for a short hunt in between the rain and snow. Being on an old US Military housing compound I am used to finding US Coinage but I was surprised to uncover this One Little Indian.
DSCN3384.JPG

I also dug a small Silver wire ring
DSCN3376.JPG

A Silver and Gem (glass?) Earring. I found it's match about a month ago more than 100 yards away and across the street.
DSCN3383.JPG

Normally I throw the old shotgun shell brass away but since this one is German it's cool enough to keep in the treasure chest.
DSCN3370.JPG

Happy Hunting :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
That's pretty cool to find an old American nickel over there :icon_scratch:

We have it all backwards...The Injuns were over there and then came over here :tongue3: jgas

Nice to find a Buffalo Nickle, I found an 1864 IH Penny way out in a field. Are you finding any American silver coinage? HH, Mike

We have found a few of your German coins over here.
Nice to see some of ours made the trip over tto you.
Nice finds and great silvers.

I would suspect that anytime you are hunting a US Base regardless of its overseas location, US coinage would be typical script for on-base purchases...

If the Indian Head nickle was dropped by a WWII serviceman, it would have bought a meal or a pint at a local pub at that time period.

Consider that the basic pay was about $12 a month...that was an important loss...especially if the majority of his pay went home to support his family.

WOW,

Great find! How old is the base? I once found a quarter in Korea on the beach with a hole in it where it was made as a charm but no American silver coinage anywhere in ASIA. Very neat!

Crackbadger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back