What's new

Indians, Vs And Another Nice Barber Quarter

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
2,171
Reaction score
3,582
Golden Thread
0
Location
USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indians, V's And Another Nice Barber Quarter

I got out Saturday evening for about two hours before dark to a place I have wanted to try for a while now. This is a house that was built in the 1950's but the old maps have an older home there in the exact place. It has a huge yard and was I hoping that there would be some original ground left to hunt. I got permission from the owner and it started out slow as I worked the front yard but it turned around when I dug a 1904 Indian Head. I just kept working it slow and dug another Indian and then an 1898 V Nickel. There is a huge side yard and I wanted to at least hit some of it before I had to head out. My first signal there was a 1907 V Nickel and I thought there is a good chance to find a Barber here. My last signal I dug right at dark was a good 12-47 but shallow. I had just dug a big brass Yale lock and was thinking this is probably something big as well. As I flipped my pug I saw that silver quarter laying there and was excited to see it was a nice Barber! I didn't realize how nice it was until I got it cleaned up. I believe it is one of the nicest ones that I've dug. Another neat surprise is that Oxypathor pin, it is from an invention by a E.L. Moses that was selling these units to help bring oxygen into the body. I read online that he was thrown in jail for 18 months for this being a "quack" device. That is some fun little history. I'm glad the research worked out and I've got the OK to come back and finish off the rest of the yard. HH David.


CFBEE28D-CB46-4B5F-97C3-6B4D17384A49_zpsbdbh4t4m.jpg
641A7490-383F-49EE-95E7-92DCE537AF15_zpsqoxn6zyj.jpg

D7467385-C8DD-4B68-80CB-D7CEAD796B01_zpsea7lsz34.jpg
4C0B4AAE-D696-4FA3-9662-E26080DEF64B_zpscyn1ngrv.jpg

2A6A7980-DCC0-40FE-BD28-7F10236696E5_zpsj1yj2b3l.jpg
4E079309-9C5B-494C-BE6E-E6CBC9C0EFC6_zps708mun0e.jpg
 
Upvote 30
Great coins & your pictures are really good & clear. You must have a good camera & macro function!

Thanks Crusader! I just use my phone most of the time or a little digital camera. Nothing special but I do take them out on my porch for the natural light to help.
 
I also must comment on the Barber Quarter ,IMO a solid Fine+.
A great did you had.
Davers

Thanks Davers! I'm not much on how to grade coins so thanks for that. I was very pleased at how it turned out and glad I resisted rubbing on it out in the field not to scratch it.
 
Thanks Crusader! I just use my phone most of the time or a little digital camera. Nothing special but I do take them out on my porch for the natural light to help.

OK that helps, I'm always posting in the evening so rarely get natural light, plus I don't have a phone.
 
Awesome finds and an awesome permission David. What state are you in? What a great 2 hour hunt you enjoyed. :thumbsup:

Hey thanks Loco-Digger. I'm in TN. It looks like your in a great place for old coins. I have a good friend from OH and we hunted there last year with some good luck.
 
OK that helps, I'm always posting in the evening so rarely get natural light, plus I don't have a phone.[/QUOTE

Yeah I think that works the best. If you take the photos in the direct sunlight it will cast a shadow on your coins so I found it's best under a porch or stoop. When I take pics inside they turn out very blurry.
 
Nice assortment of coins. I would be happy with any of them, especially the barber.
 
Very,very cool assortment. The quarter is awesome too.
 
That quarter is really nice!!
 
Nice finds as well as pics and write up Dave--always a pleasure reading your posts! :thumbsup:
 
Wow, what a great assortment there.I really like your barber quarter.
 
That is one nice yard, it takes good care of those coins. Nice detail on the Barber and the IH's. I'd be swinging that yard every chance I had for the rest of the season! Good luck on your return trip.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom