Infinity Jet Build (Hey John)

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey guys, I figured I would make this a public post instead of doing this over PM to Hoser so more people could benefit from this.

So John, I found this post on Nuggetshooter posted by you about infinity jets. My question is can this be done but with two inlets?
Also, If I was to make the pressure chamber large enough, would it work better with the inlets coming from the end?
This will be a 6" jet, my pumps will be P180's with 6.5hp engines.

post-23710-0-03916100-1335028655.jpg

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, I figured I would make this a public post instead of doing this over PM to Hoser so more people could benefit from this.

So John, I found this post on Nuggetshooter posted by you about infinity jets. My question is can this be done but with two inlets?
Also, If I was to make the pressure chamber large enough, would it work better with the inlets coming from the end?
This will be a 6" jet, my pumps will be P180's with 6.5hp engines.

View attachment 938421

Johns the expert but I had a six infinity jet :occasion14:with two inlets before. But there really was not a need for two. Just y both pumps into a larger inlet. to the chamber.

I would really wait for Hoser to chime in tho.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Side mount as drawn works the best. Think of how much disruption is done to a flow when ya shoot it straight at a wall---then stand to the side at about 11 degrees and WOW what a difference. Hydrology demands a non restricted flow. A 90 degree elbow costs ya up to 18% of your head/flow/psi. That's why I laugh my arse off at these homie hibankers,and so called pros too, as a dozen 90s/Ts from pump to spray bar is truly a cruel joke and a pump killer/gas waster. More inlets??? lotta work but not really needed with a more efficent jet and that pic came from this forum also from a HUGE post back about 22 months ago. UNLESS your running a bigger dredge and only have smallish pumps THEN you'd definately get help from a dual pumper as my great bud Russ mentioned a Y works great also- John-

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey John this was found here: Infinity-Couple jet - Gold Prospecting Forum - Nugget Shooter Forums only 3 post in the thread.
So would it be more beneficial to just use one pump, say 500gpm and a 13hp motor or stick to 2- P180's?
Ok so I will have that inlet going to the side.
I'm going to try to get this off to the machine shop today and have the threaded pieces made...

panningjack

Apr 16, 2013
Nampa, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3
Hey John this was found here: Infinity-Couple jet - Gold Prospecting Forum - Nugget Shooter Forums only 3 post in the thread. So would it be more beneficial to just use one pump, say 500gpm and a 13hp motor or stick to 2- P180's? Ok so I will have that inlet going to the side. I'm going to try to get this off to the machine shop today and have the threaded pieces made...
I'm curious. What was the answer? I would figure 1-500 gpm pump.
Omni, I have a 4" gold divers couple jet. You oughta come over, seeing it in person will give you a much better understanding than drawings.

OP
OP
O

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have not heard back. I'm guessing either way I go would be good. I can do 1 pump/engine cheaper then 2ea but 2 engine/pump would give me that extra power. I just dropped off my drawing to a machine shop to get a quote on them building it.

Yea man I would love to stop by. We need to get together and share info.

bill-costa rica

Sep 19, 2010
playa samara
Detector(s) used
sd2100 infinium ls, 10 inch dredge
an 8 hp to 10 hp and pump would be more than you need. 2 motors are twice the problems and gas. I guess it depends on what you want. I have 2 motors on my dredge and they are a pain. one runs well, then there is a problem with the other. I see that Keene now run single 10s or 2 6.5 hp.on there 4 inch if you’re going to use a Keene pump I guess I would go with the 10.

bill/cr

bill-costa rica

Sep 19, 2010
playa samara
Detector(s) used
omnicrom , did you ever speak to glenn oats. he has built a few circle jets. i think even a 12 inch. i know for sure he has a 8 inch or 2. he know the ins and outs of circle jets. i think those drawings that you have are his.

bill/cr

OP
OP
O

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Glenn Oats? Hoser? Yea that what this thread is geared at. In a week or so I'm going to be making a huge purchase, pump/motor(s) and a few other things. I just want to make sure that I do this right and have no regrets. This is going to be a 6" dredge and I want to move as much material as I can. I want to be able to get as deep as possible for the least amount of money. Keene says 25' with 2 - P180's, they don't show a single engine options in any 6" dredges. I know I have asked and such many times but like I said I just want to make sure this is the right choice.

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey John this was found here:
Google "prospecting infinity jet". You'll hit a lot of huge threads including several here. If you want to look just through treasure net add "site:www.treasurenet.net".

Once you've looked through some threads, go back to the google search and click 'images'.

OP
OP
O

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Man, I have googled and binged the crap our of couple jet, infinity jet, have read many post and have compiled a crap load of info but haven't tried "prospecting infinity jet" so let me try it.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Seems like there was a issue of ICMj that had a article on the infinity jet.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Omni

I PM'd you the copies of two articles I found, don't know if it will help, but Reggie Gould wrote one of them, and he is still avialable for questions. Gould enterprises, makes sub surface dredges.

bill-costa rica

Sep 19, 2010
playa samara
Detector(s) used
Omni, Glen Oats and John "Hoser" Oats arent the same people. Glen lives in Texas and John lives in California. and Glen makes some real nice equipment!

brothers from an other mother.

just joking i don't think they are related.

bill/cr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread