What's new

Inheritance finds

Shawn112

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2009
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado
My father died in 2002 and loved to metal detect. My sister and I found his findings and split things up. I know I have a lot of old coins but dont know much about them. Ive ben looking through all the forum finds and have quite a few of what other people have found. I would like to post some pictures but after reading maximum size I did not want to post them and get banned from the forum the first day I joined. I read the example but still not sure if the size is ok. Original size of the photos is 640X480. Is that ok? Once I get the size thing down I would like to post the pictures so people can maybe help identify the coins.
 
Welcome to TreasureNet! I don't think anyone has ever been banned from here for posting over-sized photo's. Quite likely someone would reduce them for you to make viewing easier.
-Ben
 
Ok Ill post 1 to start off and see what happens
 

Attachments

  • DSCF6429.webp
    DSCF6429.webp
    61.9 KB · Views: 412
Ok that didnt look too bad, IMO. here are some more pictures. I hope someone can fill me in on what some of the coins are and values. This is just a small amount my father had. I have bag fulls in the safe. I also put a few photos of the metal detectors he used and I hope to use in the future.
 

Attachments

  • DSCF6441.webp
    DSCF6441.webp
    77.8 KB · Views: 393
  • DSCF6439.webp
    DSCF6439.webp
    39.5 KB · Views: 392
  • DSCF6436.webp
    DSCF6436.webp
    51.7 KB · Views: 406
  • DSCF6434.webp
    DSCF6434.webp
    35.3 KB · Views: 398
  • DSCF6432.webp
    DSCF6432.webp
    43.9 KB · Views: 400
  • DSCF6431.webp
    DSCF6431.webp
    50.5 KB · Views: 399
One more, sorry.
 

Attachments

  • DSCF6435.webp
    DSCF6435.webp
    33.8 KB · Views: 383
no need to be sorry, you are doing great!!
 

Attachments

  • welcome4.gif
    welcome4.gif
    24.6 KB · Views: 395
  • welcome4.gif
    welcome4.gif
    24.6 KB · Views: 394
those are some nice coins ..the detectors are nice too..you don't see those models everyday.thanks for the pic's ...
 
Those pics are Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too small. I can't read the dates!

Just kidding, nice job and great looking coins. Whatever you do, DO NOT clean them. You could ruin their value, especially if you have a key date.
Pick up a copy of the Red Book. Great book to check on any coins you have or might find.

Have fun, I know I would going through a collection like that.
Steve
 
Lets fire those detectors up and git to diggin.
 
Fired up 2 of the three detectors and sent the kids out into the yard to see what they could find. My daughter immeadiately found a quarter, marble, and a heart from a necklace. My son found another heart to a necklace and an old can about a foot down. "I said no holes in the yard." :-\ I took an older penny out in the yard so my daughter would not see me and stuck it in the ground. I told her to come over where I was at and try. NOTHING! I lost the penny, 1960 penny. For some reason it would not register on either detectors. ???
 
Ok just finished up cleaning the yard and got the two metal detectors out. We, daughter, son, and I, were searching for wat ever in the backyard. We searched the play area and found someone had scattered nails all over and left them >:(. We found a dime, penny, and old pepsi can, my kinds said it looked very strange because of the old pull tab. My son then said he had lost a gold dollar, one of the new ones, last year and wanted to see if we could find it. Sure enough we found it right in the middle of the yard. The kids love to use the metal detectors, my daughters likes to dig and be the first one to touch what we find.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom