What's new

Insect Powder & Candy Syrup ?

mojjax

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
4,564
Reaction score
4,092
Golden Thread
0
Location
MAINE
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Insect Powder & Candy Syrup ?

I was wondering about this box ? I can't find any info on J. E. & Gary co .

What city is Archway 26 & 28 beach street in ?

Thanks for any help !
 

Attachments

  • Picture 005 (5).webp
    Picture 005 (5).webp
    28.7 KB · Views: 516
  • Picture 004 (3).webp
    Picture 004 (3).webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 506
Re: Insect Powder & Candy Syrup ?

mojjax said:
Tricia said:
What part of the country did you find this box in?
Trish , I got it at a garage sale here in Maine , it had a bunch of rusty files in it .

Boston is not to far from here , Bigcypress . I found a Beach street there on google earth (Suffolk), but the Archway part .....???? I did find Archway street , but it was quite a distance away from Beach , St.
The giant Beach Street archway welcomes visitors to a colorful, bustling array of Asian bakeries, gift shops, and markets


http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...beach+street"+boston&cd=7&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
 
Upvote 0
Re: Insect Powder & Candy Syrup ?

bigcypresshunter said:
mojjax said:
Tricia said:
What part of the country did you find this box in?
Trish , I got it at a garage sale here in Maine , it had a bunch of rusty files in it .

Boston is not to far from here , Bigcypress . I found a Beach street there on google earth (Suffolk), but the Archway part .....???? I did find Archway street , but it was quite a distance away from Beach , St.
The giant Beach Street archway welcomes visitors to a colorful, bustling array of Asian bakeries, gift shops, and markets


http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...beach+street"+boston&cd=7&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
Oh , I see it now
 

Attachments

  • 300px-Paifang_Boston_Chinatown_1.webp
    300px-Paifang_Boston_Chinatown_1.webp
    18.6 KB · Views: 178
Upvote 0
Re: Insect Powder & Candy Syrup ?

I dont know if the Archway is near 28 Beach St. and I could find no connection to the insecticide or candy co.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Insect Powder & Candy Syrup ?

traderoftreasures said:
used to kill ants with borax and powdered sugar mixed together and placed on wax paper

Yup, I have a formula for grape jelly and borox, yellow jackets take it back to the nest and feed it to the queen. Get them every time. Works on ants, wasps, baldface hornets, ect.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Insect Powder & Candy Syrup ?

I found an advertisement for "Bell's insect powder" in the Bangor Maine, Bangor Daily Whig And Courier on 11 Jun 1889.

bells insect.webp

At least this gives you a time period.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom