Inspired non-magnetic 'Super pan' build

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
After a talk with Elvisā€¦ā€¦LOL :walk: :wav:ā€¦.see the attached photo of me talking to Elvis.

I got very lucky at an Estate sale and found a non-magnetic stainless steel lid that is 24ā€ in size. Iā€™m thinking it would make an excellent ā€˜Super panā€™.

Looking for some ideas on how to mount on some linear drawer ball-bearing glides for some ā€˜whole lot of shaking going on actionā€™ā€¦ā€¦lol.

Iā€™m thinking of between 8ā€ ā€“ 12ā€ stroke action for the ā€˜Super panā€™. The speed will be around 1 to 1 1/2 strokes per second.

Attachments

• Ordanary joe applying Super extra effort then everyone else standing in the same line..jpg
    Ordanary joe applying Super extra effort then everyone else standing in the same line..jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Non magnectic SS kettle lid top.jpg
    Non magnectic SS kettle lid top.jpg
    655.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Non magnectic SS kettle lid bottom.jpg
    Non magnectic SS kettle lid bottom.jpg
    830.4 KB · Views: 24
Upvote 1
OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Heavy duty DC motors 0-70 RPMs. See attachment
Well with two DC motors I will have to make a second 'Super pan' to run at the same time to speed up the process............. :laughing7: :cat:

I'm not to sure of the full speed of the motors so I will have to test at some point.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I should get a hub that will fit the motor shaft soon. This will save trying to machine one up.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got the hub that fits the shaft.
Rounded up sheet metal that should work for the foundation of the motor and shaker base.
I'm thinking out some possible connecting rods for the shaker.

Way to wet and cold to do much work on the project.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I will have to lower the bottom of the chair lift base to make room for the jack. Metal and wood is what comes to mind for the job.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Heck I think I will take the waste water with the supper fines in it and put the water in a pressure cooker with about 15lbs. air pressure instead of messing with some other process to drop a lot of the supper fines out of suspension in the water.

Some time down the road I should be able use a metal lathe to turn the plate with holes in it for the stroke arm or connecting rod.

PS. The gas is being compressed not the solids or the liquid.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It has been to wet lately to do much. Did get some 2" x 6" boards for the bottom of the lift. Will measure to see if that is enough room for the car jack to clear on the bottom.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have concluded that this is a mechanical pan and machining will be required to complete the pan driving unit. This will slow the build until these steps can be made.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well the machining stage of the process is making some advances by used equipment such as a lathe and over the past some tooling. Still a slow process as a small trailer will have to be made to house the equipment..........lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions