Went looking this afternoon and found a few artifacts, a blank ''preform'', a nice little knife, and a couple of beartbreaker points. I also came upon a tipi ring.
i like the material and the ring
we had a lot of those rings on the farm when i was a kid
i am sure they are still there
never could figure out what they were
I would love to find a tee pee ring. All my guys lived in lodge or pole houses. Nice hunt and a great site it looks like. Good luck in your hunts.
HH
TnMtns
I would say that it is about 15 to 20 feet straight across from outer stone to outer stone. Not sure of exact circumference of original tipi size, but would guess that it was close to the present size. It has probably more than a hundred plus years since the indians could have camped there. Yes, I am sure that those larger rocks forming the circle were most likely used to seal down the bottom edges of the tipi. Thank You for your questions, I don't mind trying to answer them.
the ones we had on our farm were about 4-5 feet across and were on the sides of hills and a long ways from any water
that is why we could not figure out what they were?