What's new

Interesting find any ideas

pickman

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2008
Messages
54
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
NY.
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Whites Spectra V3i, Fisher F-75, Minelab E-Trac
I found this in a old park that used to be a farm back in 1750. The piece is made of lead 1/2" thick x 1-1/8" wide. I'm curious to know what the symbol represents and purpose.

Thanks for looking,
Earl
 

Attachments

  • copy_Zi6_0185.webp
    copy_Zi6_0185.webp
    103.5 KB · Views: 742
  • copy_Zi6_0188.webp
    copy_Zi6_0188.webp
    16.6 KB · Views: 735
Why not smear it with Ink and then stamp it on paper.
Will look completely different.
Cheers
 
Upvote 0
AKiwi said:
Why not smear it with Ink and then stamp it on paper.
Will look completely different.
Cheers

Or use acrylic paint so it washes off easy. Just do it before it dries completely.
 
Upvote 0
pickman said:
Hi All,

I'll try to get it cleaned up better and post another picture in the morning.

Thank You,
Earl
Everything all right there Earl? :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
I tried cleaning it a some. I still can't see the letters very well. I scanned it this time to see if it makes a difference. I also tried the paint idea and it didn't work out very well.

thank you,
Earl
 

Attachments

  • copy_scan0002.webp
    copy_scan0002.webp
    42.6 KB · Views: 245
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom