What's new

Interesting finds on the Little Pigeon River

Joined
May 12, 2016
Messages
16
Reaction score
37
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was lucky enough to stay with someone in severville that has a cabin and land right on the little pigeon river. After looking on the banks these were a few of my interesting finds. I'm not sure that they are anything more than cool looking rocks. If they are I figured yall would steer me in the right direction as to what they are, and if they are just cool looking rocks I know you will let me know that too, lol. Anyway, thanks for the look! I'll be searching more over the weekend!

1464396325600-1288847730.webp1464396456704-1217059795.webp1464396541498-823677417.webp1464396639354-1336454036.webp
 
Upvote 0
Focus on the white quartz its something the rest are natural. Lets see more pics of the quartz like sides and thickness
 
Welcome to T-Net! I have no clue, but to me, number one is an East bound Snake head that was carved from stone (note the teeth and broken fang). Two looks like petrified wood.
3 & 4 is an Angel. Like I said, I don't have any REAL idea what they are, but thanks for posting.
 
Welcome to T-Net! I have no clue, but to me, number one is an East bound Snake head that was carved from stone (note the teeth and broken fang). Two looks like petrified wood.
3 & 4 is an Angel. Like I said, I don't have any REAL idea what they are, but thanks for posting.

I do think that one piece is petrified wood, although it is so different than the petrified wood I've been finding on the tombigbee river. This piece is also extremely sharp to the touch on the sides!
 
Hi, welcome to Tnet. I can see the serrations on the white quartz, and the shaping is right for a small knife. Pretty.
Don't know about the last one.
 
Sorry, but all I see is ordinary rocks. :dontknow: Nothing to get too excited about. Better luck next time.
 
Not sure but the quartz piece looks like a Morrow mountain type to me?
 
Yes the white quartz has been worked either a knife or point cant tell but still worked. If you have never found crude worked quartz it is going to be called a rock so dont sweat it, go find us some more to look at. I got some quartz pieces that are even uglier than the one you found.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom