What's new

Interesting Half finds and some questions

skelly9131

Full Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2010
Messages
124
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
I went through $380 in customer rolls today (only 1 40%) and found a few interesting halfs. I found about 10 or so gold plated halfs, 1 1971-S, 1 1987-P, 1 1987-D, 1 1996 colorized half, 4 post 2001 dates, and several that are in near mint uncirculated condition from various years.

So, any ideas to the values of any of these coins? Would it be worth it to send some of the uncirculated looking coins to a grading service?
 

Attachments

  • kennedy_halfs.webp
    kennedy_halfs.webp
    131.7 KB · Views: 407
Upvote 0
I personally wouldnt slab a kennedy unless it was in MS-70 shape and you wont get that from business strike coins you find in rolls. So no, its not worth it.
 
DrDetector said:
Value of coins pictured: $1.50

Maybe acouple cents more if the first and third half is gold plated.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom