willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this piece recently, unusual shape with lines scribed on it IMG_0236.JPG IMG_0237.JPG IMG_0238.JPG IMG_0235.JPG

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you bring that one to the next show Id like to see it in person. Cool find, how did you manage to see all of them markings on it anyway? Has to be a story.

OP
OP
willjo

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you bring that one to the next show Id like to see it in person. Cool find, how did you manage to see all of them markings on it anyway? Has to be a story.

I text a photo to my son and they showed up in photo, I did not see them until then.

OP
OP
willjo

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Dennis

jamus peek

May 13, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To be honest thats heck of a find. In pic number 3 there is an obvious crosshatch pattern one of the most common patterns and oldest i believe.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
To be honest thats heck of a find. In pic number 3 there is an obvious crosshatch pattern one of the most common patterns and oldest i believe.

Agreed. The pic showing the cross hatch is obvious man made, one of the most common design elements in North American petroglyphs. Killer find for that reason alone. It does not look like slate to me, but I'm not the finder. Finding a portable petroglyph is way cool in my opinion. I'd be thrilled to find it, even if we can only guess at the meaning of such things. I have a small cobble from Ma with a crosshatch design. Such a design on cobbles and slabs were found at the Clovis and Pre-Clovis site at Gault, Texas as well. Exciting find to say the least.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread