What's new

iPhone, a useful tool for CRH/roadtrip?

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2008
Messages
1,184
Reaction score
282
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used my GPS for over two years now and found it is indispensable. Now my cellphone plan is due for renewal. I'm think to get the iPhone. Just want to know if anyone used iPhone on your roadtrip. Thanks in advance!
 
Upvote 0
I use my HTC Evo 4G all the time.

Miles better than an iPhone, and this is coming from a 3G and 3GS owner... I also have a Macbook, so I'm kind of an Apple fanatic.
 
Will eventually set up something where i can google banks in the car instaed of at home and printing a map for the plan.
 
quiksilver said:
Will eventually set up something where i can google banks in the car instaed of at home and printing a map for the plan.

That's exactly what's on my mind. Just wondering if there are enough hot spots out there for this idea to be useful. Wish an iPhone user comment on this.
 
I use my iPhone everyday for CRHing. I have an app called Around Me that shows me every bank within miles of where I am sitting. This includes maps,directions and phone numbers. If I pull into a new territory, I spend half an hour calling banks looking for other CRHers. If every bank I call says we save them for someone or you just missed them, I move on. Jim
 
Thanks Jim for your reply.

I also found out that if a town is big enough to have McDonld's then that will have an AT&T hot spot. Look like AT&T and McDonald's teamed up or something.

I think I will get an iPhone. If I can transfer files from my home computer to the iPhone that would be even better. I don't have print out every pages for the roadtrip.
 
I use my iPhone every time I go on a road trip (every week). I have found the Google Maps app to be very useful when in an unfamiliar area, so you know roads, short cuts, etc and don't get lost.

However, I have found that you shouldn't rely on apps to tell you where EVERY bank is, they always miss a few it seems. In fact there are 2 banks within 10 miles of my house that don't show up at all. I always map out my road trips the day before, using multiple sources to find banks. Sometimes that means going to each bank's website and writing down all of their locations. One of my best scores on a road trip (4 solid rolls of silver) came from a bank that never showed up on any search. Quite a miracle I found it completely by accident. So yes iPhones are very useful (just like a GPS) but don't rely on it 100%... you have to do your research first.

Good luck and HH!
~Syrys
 
I use my iphone (3g) everyday and the built in Map feature EVERYWHERE I go.

While on vacation, I type in Bank and search, bam I have a bank to buy from. I type in antique, bam I'm NEG prices on Franklin halves and buying rolls of 64 Kennedys at $6-6.50 a piece.

I have a couple cheat sheets of some coins my son and I need I can pop up and review.

I have a couple cheat sheets on silver content of different coins and at what spot price they are at.

I have a list of some key and semi key dates I can pull up and review.

As a programmer I plan on creating a couple apps, but just dont have the time right now... :(

I LOVE THE iPHONE !!!
-Brent
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom