Iron Bros Wednesday... Rev War Pewter New York Volunteers Button & 1800s Brit. 16th

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Bros Wednesday... Rev War Pewter New York Volunteers Button & 1800s Brit. 16th

Today took me back both figuratively and literally to two sites I first hunted about 12 years ago. Targets were kinda thin, which was expected, but I did manage a couple keepers. Had another one of those strange detecting moments. About 15 minutes before I dug the 16th I was thinking back to my first few hunts at the site and trying to recall what I had found, and the only thing that came to mind was a 16th Regiment button. (a 3rd American also did, but I already had one of those in my pocket from the previous site haha) Anyway, I thought it would be cool if one popped up and I could post it and say I dug one when I started the site well over a decade ago, and here I am again posting another... and of course look what turns up. The NY 3rd I also had found at the first site all those years ago so it sort of felt like a back to the future hunt.

Attachments

• f1.jpg
    f1.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 180
  • f2.jpg
    f2.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 163
  • f3.jpg
    f3.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 147
Upvote 12
OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice, good to see you can squeeze a few more finds out of a good old site. :thumbsup:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, you are killing it on Military this year! Great finds, and a great story!

Cheers,

Buck

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, you are killing it on Military this year! Great finds, and a great story!

Cheers,

Buck

That would be another way I've gone back to the old days because this used to be the norm.. It would seem this way because I haven't hunted much the last couple of years, but more my military finds dropped over time and my last couple of years where I did detect steady they were absolutely brutal. It does sort of make sense because what I've been doing is like a reunion tour of some of those good early sites, and popping a few in the process. The real test will be once I'm on a new site or two if the roll keeps going. A decade ago the buttons seemed like they found me, so only time will tell if this is a true roll, or just taking the last bite of what was a great meal.

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds IP! Love the 16th Regiment Button. Keep posting the goodies, its inspiring!

-Ox

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! Having fun yet?

I am, but it's much more from the adventure than the finds. Seeing the lys stamped French come out was cool and quite a surprise, but I'm looking for the big one, or semi big one. That's probably my 6th or 7th 3rd American so only a great condition one would fire me up now.... and after 13 years of digging Rev War pewters I can say that's likely not going to happen... at least here. Still a good solid month plus to dig so we'll see what happens.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to get at least one numbered regiment button.

Good luck on the continued "adventure" I'm out the door right now for just that.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am, but it's much more from the adventure than the finds. Seeing the lys stamped French come out was cool and quite a surprise, but I'm looking for the big one, or semi big one. That's probably my 6th or 7th 3rd American so only a great condition one would fire me up now.... and after 13 years of digging Rev War pewters I can say that's likely not going to happen... at least here. Still a good solid month plus to dig so we'll see what happens.
A month is enough time , good luck . The Iron Bro's have a better chance than myself to get American Rev War unless I start hunting near Princeton , Trenton or better yet , Valley Forge . Still I keep trying for a Thirteenth Regimental pewter or a Continental . :D " it's a crying shame that the relics don't grow back in the ground. " :laughing7:

Iron Horse , that would be fun .........

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
A couple of outstanding buttons IP - WTG!!

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
A month is enough time , good luck . The Iron Bro's have a better chance than myself to get American Rev War unless I start hunting near Princeton , Trenton or better yet , Valley Forge . Still I keep trying for a Thirteenth Regimental pewter or a Continental . :D " it's a crying shame that the relics don't grow back in the ground. " :laughing7:

Iron Horse , that would be fun .........

I'll plant back all those plain buttons and worn coppers to see if they can turn into something better, not to mention all the "trash", a few more decades should ripen it into a collectible relic again lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread