All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you running Iron Audio on all the time? If yes, turn it off.
When you get a suspect target you can then turn it on to check if it has the iron sound. You can then make the determination if you want to dig or not.

What mode you running? Standard, Pro? What's is your iron discrimination set at?
Give us an idea of what your settings are and we'll have a better idea of whats going on. Maybe!

Last edited:

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lededoop5125 said:
Any tips on how to get rid of iron masking for the At pro. I do not know when a good signal should be dug or not when in iron range. I read the manual about I don't understand it that well.

If its in the iron range 0-40 it's usually a rusty piece of metal. What do you consider a "good" target in the iron range? Are you looking for something in particular that's made of iron?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is usually meant by Iron Masking is when two items are under the coil at the same time and because you have disc out iron, the coin might be disc out too. A good reason to use a sniper coil as to better the chance of only getting one target under the coil at one time. Join NRA.JPG

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
pro mode 30 iron disc.. nothing notched out

That's where I run most of the time.

Good targets should really sing out unless completely masked by iron. Then your only option is just to dig everything. You should be able to cover 10sq ft a day that way!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread