Iron.....no really, an iron.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug this iron last time out and had to zap it into shape before showing it on the red carpet...at least I think she's pretty. I haven't been finding much iron lately, to some that may be a good thing but I like the challenge of restoration. I think this one is ready to try out...honey, can you iron my shirt?....I didnt think so:laughing7:

DSC01114.JPGDSC01130.JPGDSC01134.JPGDSC01146.JPGDSC01184.JPG

Upvote 24
Nice find...i'm always chasing big iron and usually end up with broken axe heads...nothing that cool!

Nice find...i'm always chasing big iron and usually end up with broken axe heads...nothing that cool!

Ha,I would love to dig an old axe but in 36 years I have dug only one....and that was 36 years ago:laughing7:

Very nice find! Congrats!

Nice iron, and nice restoration.
Thanks for sharing!

HH, RN

Way cool old iron and with the handle intact! She looks marvelous to me. I just love old relics. Smile pretty for the camera.;D

Fantastic restoration. She's a beauty.

Cool iron. Hey! I don't see a calibration sticker on your scale... :icon_scratch::laughing9:

shirley, you must be pullin' our cord :laughing9: :happysmiley: :laughing7: :icon_biggrin:

that SURELY isn't yer regular iron recovery :metaldetector:???

HEY NUT NICE OLD SAD IRON..

Hello VN. Nice one and great restore job. Good Luck out there. C9

Iron is quite the undervalued find, IMO. (other then those pesky nails, those we hate!)

Iron is quite the undervalued find, IMO. (other then those pesky nails, those we hate!)

I keep and conserve what square nails are savable. I try keeping artifacts from one house site together...and a few nails make for part of the homes story. Now if I could only dig some rose heads....that would be nice but where I am, I would be really reachin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back