iron rocks

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It depends on how strong a magnet you are using, the weight of the stone, what iron mineral the rock is, etc. Magnetite maybe, hematite maybe not. Check em out online.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It depends on how strong a magnet you are using, the weight of the stone, what iron mineral the rock is, etc. Magnetite maybe, hematite maybe not. Check em out online.

True that!

Only way to tell for sure is to use a super-magnet; don't mess around with a regular magnet as the greater power of the super-magnet will work much better.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
i use a rare earth magnet on a 2in x 36 pvc to pickup trash when i go coin hunting,so iam hoping to use it for the rocks this weekend looking for gold were there are allot of iron rocks.i forgot what pounds of pull it is buts its allot.
thanks brad

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i use a rare earth magnet on a 2in x 36 pvc to pickup trash when i go coin hunting,so iam hoping to use it for the rocks this weekend looking for gold were there are allot of iron rocks.i forgot what pounds of pull it is buts its allot.
thanks brad

You're on the right track then!

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread