What's new

Iron Thing with Teeth

mojjax

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
4,564
Reaction score
4,092
Golden Thread
0
Location
MAINE
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any ideas what this was for ?
 

Attachments

  • iron 001.webp
    iron 001.webp
    34.5 KB · Views: 908
  • iron 002.webp
    iron 002.webp
    26.4 KB · Views: 890
  • iron 003.webp
    iron 003.webp
    26.8 KB · Views: 891
  • iron 004.webp
    iron 004.webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 913
OK I believe all pipe wrenches have opposite teeth to grip, like my Stillson..
MVC-032E.webpAlligator_wrench--on square nuts.webp
iron_002.webpMVC-033E.webp
So one side is a pipe wrench and the other side is for square nuts. I see this isnt solved yet and youwould think this would be patented, but I didnt find it.. My guess is still combination pipe wrench, square axle nut wrench, and stand for a wagon jack. The problem is you need to loosen the axle nut before you jack it up. :dontknow:

MVC-032E.webp
It looks similar to the alligator wrench top right. A bearing nut may not be very tight and requires little leverage. Hence the stubby wrench. I bet it would fit the bottom of my farm jack perfectly.
 

Attachments

  • MVC-035E.webp
    MVC-035E.webp
    8.2 KB · Views: 219
  • Alligator_wrench--on square nuts.webp
    Alligator_wrench--on square nuts.webp
    1.4 KB · Views: 232
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED From a shipwreck
Replies
2
Views
453
  • Question Question
✅ SOLVED 108
Replies
3
Views
436

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom