Is anyone actually digging these targets?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Art, I've offered to meet with you to let you personally demonstrate your step-on-a-silver-coin method. You've refused, but I still hold out hope. I'll be in Reno this weekend if you're still in the area.

Wrong again Carl..You bet me that I could not do it.

Carl Moreland said if my Dowsing Rod would close when I stepped on a coin he would pay $25,000 ..Here it is Carl.....http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.ph.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True enough, Art, and you declined the $25k. Since then I've offered to visit and do some informal dowsing stuff. You've declined that as well.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Not understanding your post here. Are you saying that if there is an agreed upon award prize money, for passing a test that shows dowsing works, that you have "50 dowsers who will pass the test" (and hence "claim the $$ ?). Or did you mean something else ? Please clarify.

I would want to test all the 50 people you came with. I know that the rods will work for 90 percent of people. I am talking about a Double Blind Study just like the pill companies a the soap companies have to do..Art

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I would want to test all the 50 people you came with. I know that the rods will work for 90 percent of people. I am talking about a Double Blind Study just like the pill companies a the soap companies have to do..Art

Thanx for clarifying. But I will not be able to engage the topic or question here. If you take it to the general discussion page, or some other forum heading, perhaps.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
This is the page I belong on to discuss the methods I use. I mark maps and go out in the field and find them..Art

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Well then you will be discussing them with believers. Or .... at least not this skeptic to chime in here. Too risky for me.

Believers.....Many people come here for help. We help them. Why didn't you try the rods or are you afraid of the truth?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
You declined. So when can we meet?

Gee Carl. If I remember right you had already used the money to move. I have no reason to meet with you. I travel a lot
of miles too watch 2 people take your money and you were a no show...Art

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Believers.....Many people come here for help. We help them. ....

Sure, many people come here for help [to learn about this topic]. But they will tend to only be hearing the affirming view side. WHICH IS FINE. That's just the rule.

.... Why didn't you try the rods or are you afraid of the truth?

Because if I tried it, and if I came back to report : "It doesn't work", then that would be summarily dismissed as non-conclusive. It would merely mean I didn't try long enough, practice enough, didn't do it correctly, etc....

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee Carl. If I remember right you had already used the money to move. I have no reason to meet with you.

No, I have the prize money. If $25,000 isn't reason enough, how about just an informal meet? Just for funsies, say hello, yack about dowsing?

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure, many people come here for help [to learn about this topic]. But they will tend to only be hearing the affirming view side. WHICH IS FINE. That's just the rule.

Because if I tried it, and if I came back to report : "It doesn't work", then that would be summarily dismissed as non-conclusive. It would merely mean I didn't try long enough, practice enough, didn't do it correctly, etc....

Hello Tom, one good question for you is:
Did you know all that you know today as a child, OR, did you not learn through trial and error?? Dowsing is no different. It takes time. And before you answer that one, consider that each person will learn things in his/her own time. It never jumps out where you can grab and keep.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Hello Tom, one good question for you is:
Did you know all that you know today as a child, OR, did you not learn through trial and error?? Dowsing is no different.....

Elh, In order to answer your direct question here, you would need to take it to another forum where direct questions such as this, can be answered. But I will give it a short try here, in a non-badgering nice friendly way :

Your question starts with a "prior commitment obligation". It has an implied premise. Given the topic we are discussing, it has an implicit premise that: "dowsing works". If we start with that, then sure: If someone CAN'T get it to work, then it doesn't mean "it doesn't work". It would only mean they didn't practice, and learn enough. They are still a child, so-to-speak, in their understanding and skill of it. Right ? Have I understood correctly ?

But don't you see that this all hinges on the starting premise ? Since when was that a given ? Everything you're saying is true, if we accept that starting premise.

Dissenters can chalk up the anecdotal stories of finds-made, to other factors. Which I will not go into here. But you can start a thread on the "general discussion" and I can explain that.

Again: This is said in a "non-badgering" friendly way, as an answer to your direct question. If ... even then ... this is seen to be a violation of the rules here, the mod's can feel free to delete. :( Or I will make the next pot of coffee, or whatever penance is required.

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Elh, In order to answer your direct question here, you would need to take it to another forum where direction questions such as this, can be answered. But I will give it a short try here, in a non-badgering nice friendly way :

More excuses

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
When I do my own maps I know if it is in the area my rods will find it and I do not look under ground. Every thing has a signal line and also a signal that comes to the surface at a 45 degree angle. It also has a signal on top of it. I ask a question to the entire map. If I get a yes answer to any of the question I divide the map in fourths. I then ask the questions to those fourths. I keep repeating this until I am down to one little area. I know others use other methods so it is not how you work it is whatever works for you..Art

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, I have the prize money. If $25,000 isn't reason enough, how about just an informal meet? Just for funsies, say hello, yack about dowsing?

Art, can we both agree that you have, again, declined my offer?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Art, can we both agree that you have, again, declined my offer?

Based on the science of maps divided down into fourths, I can not see how he could decline the offer. Sounds workable to me .

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions