What's new

Is anyone else experiencing trouble with the pages loading VERY slowly .. or not at all?

Just a thought, but on another forum where I moderate, we had two members who habitually experienced slow-loading or connection failure for our website after we did an update... but apparently not for other websites.

The problem was not their devices or browser software, but the age of their Wi-Fi routers. Older routers may only support slower standards, limiting your connection speed, even if your device is capable of handling faster standards via the latest protocols.

This kind of problem is particularly apparent on websites that have been updated to the latest protocols, or which require higher levels of bandwidth.
 
Maybe it is my Router? I run other devices through it and there seems no problem. I suspect I have update to the latest version of windows.

I use multiple devises tablets. Smartphones, and laptops. and desk top. My desk top seems to be terribly slow loading. My internet speeds are terrible where I am. I suspect it Is desk top computer rather than the treasure net site it self. I prefer using Firefox as web browser and yet with latest windows up date it has become terribly slow. I prefer google as a search engine as Bing does not cut it for me as a search engine. And yet through Bing treasure net loads quicker than through Firefox. Been using Kaspersky anti virus. Never had a problem. But after Russian war in Ukraine it has been embargoed but now switched to German Panda based in Spain.

My pet hate with windows patches Every time I get update with Microsoft window I got to fart around fixing things. I prefer some of the features of earlier windows programs that windows do not support any more. I visit this site every day. But some days loading it feels like I am on dial up.

That said the website has had some big improvements. Some times in the past I would be drafting post and lose the entire message. That does not seem to happen anymore. Frustrating for a two fingered typist dinosaur.

Crow
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom