Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• image-891352130.png
    image-891352130.png
    376.8 KB · Views: 135
Upvote 6
At least I'm not alone......

I find 65 quarters all the time, and what is crazy is that I have never found a silver Washington. I have even found a 65, 66 and 67 all in the same day. I have found a SLQ and Barber quarters though. Last week a friend of mine and I split up and he took one end of the sidewalk and I took the other, and he found a 1942 quarter. At least the 3rd he has found when we hunted together.

I am up to almost $20 just in clad quarters this year.

I also find a bunch of 1944 Wheat cents. I probably have found a dozen of those this year alone. Two hunts I have found two of them.

Last edited:
I dig tons of 1965, 1967, 1968 dimes and quarters... :dontknow: Drives me nuts !! :BangHead: I've even found a cache of those dates... :icon_scratch: haha !! :laughing7:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

Speaking of 65's I just found two in a a row in my yard... lol

Sent from my Diva Detector using TreasureNet :-)

Seems like ever time I go hunting I find a damn ole 1965 qwrt......1st hole I dug today....65 qwrt!!! Am I the only one that seems to be cursed with being that close but no silver lol

By the way great observation! I just went through all my clad for the year 13 1965 quarters.

Donkarlos is right coin trackers say 1$ -8$ don't think my brown ugly 65s are worth a dollar though

I have yet, in nearly two year, to find a single silver Washington. It's crazy, because the first time I picked up a detector, the first coin I found, back in the 80's, was a 45 Washington. Now that I'm hooked on detecting, they elude me. I never expected to find 1864 Half, 15 Silver dimes, Gold rings, Over a grand in cashable finds, before ever finding a single Washington quarter. I, like everyone else here reports, find an endless stream of 65 Washingtons. And every single time I find one, I feel cheated out of a 64.

Yet another reason many of us drive on and hunt until our arms fall off. :-)

HH

Yeah, I've found about 8 of those. 1 year too late, RATTS!!!!

You spelled qwtrs wrong...it's spelled pulltabs. Went to the beach today and grabbed about 150 pull tabs in 5 hours along with 2.50 in clad. Skunked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-
I would swear they had some silver in them ... Some of the best looking 65 quarters in wet or dry beach sand I've found are 65.

Seems like ever time I go hunting I find a damn ole 1965 qwrt......1st hole I dug today....65 qwrt!!! Am I the only one that seems to be cursed with being that close but no silver lol

No your not brother in my first six months I've probably found a hundred quarters. And no kidding I bet I have thirty 65. Iam starting to think that's the first year they made them.

25 cent's sounds about right for a 1965 quarter of any type, Personally I would never pay to have a coin with such a high mintage graded . but that's just me.

Well maybe if Dad or Grandpa saved an original mint wrapped roll , I might be tempted to send all or some of them in to be graded , but is the demand out there for high grade 1965 Washington Quarters? :icon_scratch:

Last edited:
You can use 65 quarters and dimes found as a type of gauge on age of area IF most all the coins look fresh..meaning they all have very little wear and sharp reeding. If ya notice, 98% of all the 65-66 quarters and dimes you find in change today have lots of wear. Finding one in the ground that looks very crusty yet almost no wear and nice reeding means it was dropped early and you may catch a 64 silver if any silver with some luck..depending on foot traffic and/or what the area was used for back in the day.

Ok then. I'll trade u 68's and newer for everyone you can get.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back