What's new

Is it to hot to hunt ? Not when your digging these !

Trezurehunter

Platinum Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2003
Messages
20,475
Reaction score
25,979
Golden Thread
0
Location
Illinois / Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure its been hot everywhere, but I worked in it for 30 years, so I figure I can play in it for a few hours. Talked to a man who lives behind my daughters boyfriend, & he gave me the green light. His home goes back to the early 1900's & it didn't disappoint. I dug the 1901-2001 carpenters local 916 100th anniversary pin first. Well, not really. I forgot to put the 9 Wheat pennies in the photo. Some Wheats came out of the ground first. They were dated 1941's 1944's 1950's, & a 1922 ( yes it had a D ). With all of those wheats, I was hoping for a silver & then it came. The 1910 Barber dime was next. She's a little rough, but she's still a Barber. To finish up the hunt, I dug the WW1 U.S. Army Coat Button. Not a bad afternoon for a 3 hr. hunt. Wheats, a silver, & another great relic for the military case.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6507.webp
    IMG_6507.webp
    18 KB · Views: 208
Upvote 28
who cares about heat when you find ww1 stuff and silver! good job
 
Congrats on those 3 keepers. :thumbsup: Barbers are sweet no matter their condition.
 
Nice saves, can't complain about that.
 
Hot or not; all those certainly would work!!:occasion14:
 
A good day indeed.
Your Barber looks like the last of only 2 Barber Dimes I've dug in 15 years & those Great Seal Buttons Get more enjoyable to dig every year they get older. They usually look so dang Good.
A dug 1922 D Cent is not to shabby Either.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom