jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it is now called Conversations ! yes I Hate the Change of names. It sounds more like on the Spot Live Chat :( Conversations, but it is still PM's that you send and Wait for a Response
eventually :coffee2: it is not a conversation others can read !

see top right in the gray strip I think :tongue3: I know that is where it is on Mine
000.jpg

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The easiest way is to just put your mouse icon over a member's name and hit " start conversation" like jeff shows above.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A private message is just what it says while a conversation is not necessarily private. KISS. Say what you mean and mean what you say.
your wrong ! a Private Message is private as long as both parties want it Private .
it can only be shared by the sender and/or receiver.

no one has access to your private messages unless you attack someone and your message is reported.

do not trust any website that is set up So someone Can snoop Private Messages
for fun or profit

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
your wrong ! a Private Message is private as long as both parties want it Private .
it can only be shared by the sender and/or receiver.

no one has access to your private messages unless you attack someone and your message is reported.

do not trust any website that is set up So someone Can snoop Private Messages
for fun or profit
Attacks will still happen however the PM can open doors for a more one to one communication and this is very good, thank you.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Attacks will still happen however the PM can open doors for a more one to one communication and this is very good, thank you.
This by itself will help stop some from leaving this forum or at least stop posting. No wonder there may have been some declines along the way.

Just because one may not agree with you does not mean some attacks will still not take place on the forum.

However with PM one can start choosing who they communicate with and this is a very good thing as there is always some good information to talk about and share. Heck no one knows everything and is not wrong about some things.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This by itself will help stop some from leaving this forum or at least stop posting. No wonder there may have been some declines along the way.

Just because one may not agree with you does not mean some attacks will still not take place on the forum.

However with PM one can start choosing who they communicate with and this is a very good thing as there is always some good information to talk about and share. Heck no one knows everything and is not wrong about some things.
As long as members remember, attacking members in a PM still violates our rules just like it does in the forums, if someone complains about PMs that are insulting or attacking the same rules are enforced.

"You may not.... Post, upload, send personal messages, transmit or otherwise make available any inappropriate, inaccurate, abusive, hateful, vulgar, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually-oriented, threatening, or unlawful content."

Last edited:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As long as members remember, attacking members in a PM still violates our rules just like it does in the forums, if someone complains ab out PMs that are insulting or attacking the same rules are enforced.

"You may not.... Post, upload, send personal messages, transmit or otherwise make available any inappropriate, inaccurate, abusive, hateful, vulgar, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually-oriented, threatening, or unlawful content."
I intend to have no issues with this at all cost even if I have to leave this forum. Try to show respect to everyone even if you do not agree with some one on the forum is the core foundation here.
It can be ok to let someone know that you do not agree however to attack some one is not ok.

Thank you for posting this as this can help a lot of people to make more posts even if some do not agree.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I intend to have no issues with this at all cost even if I have to leave this forum. Try to show respect to everyone even if you do not agree with some one on the forum is the core foundation here.
It can be ok to let someone know that you do not agree however to attack some one is not ok.

Thank you for posting this as this can help a lot of people to make more posts even if some do not agree
Sharing information is the core reason why people keep coming back to this forum as well as even posting here. So thank you to everyone who has shared information that can be verified by everyone here. There is definitely a lot of good information here.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sharing information is the core reason why people keep coming back to this forum as well as even posting here. So thank you to everyone who has shared information that can be verified by everyone here. There is definitely a lot of good information here.
Is it any wonder why there has been a falling off of people coming to this forum when there is a background of attacks.

The fact that there is a foundation of solid information that anyone can check up on on this forum is the real reason why people keep coming back. This is a good thing for every one.

Last edited:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Thank you for posting this as this can help a lot of people to make more posts even if some do not agree.
Yep this will ring true with some people no matter what else may be posted.

I say when if you have any question go with your heart.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread