Is something screwed up with the coding on T-net?

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
"Works OK On my Machine"

I notice it in my signature as well as in other people's posts. Try typing something with an apostrophe and see if that is working.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a long list of stuff our non-existent forum owners need to tend to.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the pics being really small is far from an upgrade.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry sir I see that post but it doesn’t have a solution, just points out the problem. And not in a forward way as a message from the owners to users. That would be a sensible way to communicate w members—via PM or email, since TNet has our emails.

I’ve been a charter member for a long time—15 years, and followed the forum for several years before I was a member. It’s time to migrate or upgrade.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry sir I see that post but it doesn’t have a solution, just points out the problem. And not in a forward way as a message from the owners to users. That would be a sensible way to communicate w members—via PM or email, since TNet has our emails.

I’ve been a charter member for a long time—15 years, and followed the forum for several years before I was a member. It’s time to migrate or upgrade.

Hey BB, it does have the solution they will be migrating TreasureNet to a new software.

Unfortunately, we're not going to be able to patch together this forum software much longer. We've tried everything we can do to keep it as is, but technology is advancing beyond what vBulletin can keep up with. Please be patient as we work through these glitches and software issues while we work on upgrading the system entirely. Hopefully, we will be on much better software soon!

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
>>>technology is advancing beyond what vBulletin can keep up with<<<

If the notice at the bottom of the Home page is to be believed, the forum is running on vBulletin 4.2.2 which I think was released almost eight years ago in October 2013.

Latest version is, I think, vBulletin 5.6.4 released October last year.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
>>>technology is advancing beyond what vBulletin can keep up with<<<

If the notice at the bottom of the Home page is to be believed, the forum is running on vBulletin 4.2.2 which I think was released almost eight years ago in October 2013.

Latest version is, I think, vBulletin 5.6.4 released October last year.

I have already talked to admins about that version and was told it would not fix problems. Problem started when we were moved to new server, the problem is the old vbulletin software is conflicting with the new server. The new server software supports UTF-8 where as the old one was different, so it interprets some of the characters differently than before such as , " and other characters.

The fix will have to be new software for TreasureNet and that will be a big job as the old software has a lot of mods. Treasurenet will be migrated over to a new software but it will take time.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions