Is the Lost Dutchman Mine the Sombrero Mine? Some compelling evidence

ancientones

Apr 16, 2010
Hello fellow Lost Dutchman Mine Hunters,
I am staring a new thread for continued discussions of this subject and Thank you for the interest. To respond to a recent post, the challenge for me or anyone is not finding the mine.
The challenge is 'what' can be provided, other than pictures, without violating the Wilderness Laws. My quest for many years.
I have some material I would like to share, and any suggestions or ideas on how one could verify/prove The Mexican Sombrero Mine
and the Lost Dutchman Mine are one in the same, if even possible. If all the clues are here(Indian, Mexican Miners, LD, others),
and the mine entrance is known, what else can be done without violating the "Wilderness' laws? Other than pictures, what 'proof' can be provided?
I appreciate any ideas and feedback, I have MANY pics at this site and will provide pics of most any clue here, with detail and location.
A Dutchman clue advises the location to his mine is Due South of Weavers Needle. Another clue
advises 'it lies within a 5 mile circle, with Weavers Needle at its center', so this means 2 1/2 miles North of WN? Like many of the mine clues, there are 'variances'.
I drew a 5 mi. circle 'FROM' Weavers Needle, due North and at about 4.98 miles is where I have located what I believe is The Mexican Sombrero mine, which the Dutchman obtained.
Some of the clues can easily be 'verified' on Google Earth, at this site the clues are detailed, in the location advised and there are a bunch.
This site is on a ledge on the 'East' side of Peters Canyon, where it flows 'South to North', on the Northern end of the canyon before it turns West.
For the Peralta Map/Heart inlay stones, the top line is Tortilla Wash, the lower line is Peters Canyon, the 'mine' symbol will line up to this spot.
Clue: Above the junction of Tortilla Wash flowing East, and Peters flowing North, are trail symbols, trail markers, and clues. I have pics of these.
Next pic is this rock, chipped into the shape of a heart, and can be seen on the Mexican trail coming into the area.
The next pic is an overhead of the site, showing the location of the Horsehead/Sphynx(top arrow), Cave(Left arrow) and 'Tunnel'(arrow at bottom). The orange dots are the Mexican foot trail up to the top of the ledge, the red dots are the Dutchman trail, going up thru the tunnel, around the top of the funnel shaped pit, down the other side to enters the mine site from the side-the green dot is the mine.
You MUST be on the years 2007/2009 to see the horsehead on Google Earth.
An Indian boy described a rock formation at the site: 'There is a 200 ft long rock jutting South into the canyon. At the end is a horse head, its Left ear down, its Right ear up,
and its mouth is open, it faces the mine. I believe this is the Sphynx when viewed from the mine.
Last pic is the cave.
Please let me know of a clue and I can see if I have it to show. Next is the 'Tunnel' to get up onto the ledge.
Thanks again for your interest!
1673282127333.png

1673282208543.png

1673282284546.png

1673282449144.png

1673282514517.png

OP
OP
A

ancientones

Apr 16, 2010
This is a pic looking at the Ledge, the orange dots are the Mexican foot trail up the ledge, the red dots are the Dutchman Mule trail to the South end of the ledge and tunnel entrance. The blue arrow points to a 'waterfall', water runoff from the funnel shaped pit, and the 'wash'-below the mine(green arrow).
1673301200292.png

You pass between the cliff wall and this pillar-drop off to the right..

The Dutchman advised 'the vein ran 400 ft down/across the mtn/ledge', and when you round the corner to enter the tunnel, the vein of rose quartz exposed has been pick axed, everywhere.
1673302584013.png
These are pics entering the tunnel, going up the 'tunnel'(if cleared of brush an easy trail for pack mules), and looking back down from ledge top.. This Tunnel is Awesome!
1673302877953.png

1673302944843.png

1673303108522.png
On top of the ledge from the tunnel, there are 2 long rocks. Between them is a grassy area and a bush. Just my opinion, based on the clues and location, I believe this is the spot the Dutchman buried his partner. This is South of the mine.
1673305665204.png

There are a couple sketch maps of the site drawn by a Mexican miner. This is a google pic coming into Peters canyon on the Mexican miners trail heading North to the site.
1673372365920.png

1673372407464.png

1673372470043.png

This is looking down into the funnel shaped pit from the South peninsula, after you exit the tunnel. The red spots are the Dutchman trail down and entering from the side. The orange dots are the Mexican miners trail up the ledge on the North side foot trail.
1673372836857.png

About 1/2 way up the ledge on the Mexican foot trail you pass this 'face' looking down the canyon.
1673373549471.png

1673373675289.png

Once on the ledge, there are 2 200 ft long peninsulas jutting West into the canyon, between them is the 'funnel shapped pit'. Both peninsula ends 'curve' in at the bottom, forming a funnel.
The trail goes around the pit, down the North peninsula, and at the bottom you enter to the mine from the side. You must go up to go down, and enter from the side.
This pic is from the North peninsula looking back at the South peninsula. The right arrow is where you exit the tunnel on the South peninsula, the next arrow left is a trail marker(Pic to follow).
As you start around the pit on the trail, there are '3 white, square/rectangle shaped rocks' directly above the mine.
There is a small 'camp' hidden inside the 3 rocks, it has been cleared and remnants of a fire pit.
1673377324998.png

1673377491350.png

Trail marker there are several on this trail up here
1673377611224.png

This is a pic of the middle of the funnel shaped pit, and the arrow is pointing to a heavy brush area as if a spring..
The next pic is the bottom of the funnel shaped pit where the mine is.
1673404200189.png

1673404267742.png

After you go up the tunnel, around the funnel shaped pit, down the North peninsula, you enter the bottom of the funnel shaped pit from the side. This is where the Mexican foot trail comes up onto the ledge. Facing East I believe
is this Indian woman clue: 'Look for 3 Teepees high up the mountain side'. These could also be the 'spires' mentioned by others.
1673406014992.png

A Mexican clue advises: 'At the site, there are 3 monuments-a crescent, a rectangle, and a circle'. A monument is a stone on top of a stone. You will see this as you approach the Mexican foot trail onto the ledge coming from the North.
1673406506037.png

This pic is looking into the bottom of the funnel shaped pit where the mine is, you enter from this side.
The waterfall/cliff are on the right. The red arrow points to an 'arrowhead' shaped rock that has been propped up.
The wall behind it is 'whitish' colored so this rock(clue) would be seen by the Mexican miners coming into the site from the North. 'There is a 'waist high, white square rock with an oblong corner'. The green arrow points to the
mine which is in a 'crack or crevice'(2 soldiers). There is about a 2 to 3 ft gap between the white granite and the 'rose quartz' vein. 'When you exit the mine you will see nothing but air'-its a cliff.
1673407846457.png

This is an additional pic of the 3 white square/rectangle shaped rocks on the slope above the mine.

When you enter the bottom of the pit from the side, the East end of the crack/crevice is this volcanic vent hole.
I believe this to be the 'Mexican Shrine' for this mine. The rock has been 'worked', there are 'etchings' of various designs and shapes, and the 'Hearts'. The heart is the Mexican treasure symbol and I can see this shape, in various
'ways', everywhere on this 'mural'. Some have the 'jagged crack' going down the middle of the heart and I see this in Spanish/Mexican mine symbol books. My apologies on not being able to zoom in on my pics and if there is an interest in this mural please let me know and I will zoom in and post.
*Note: The Mexican miners would carve a 'Cross' above the mine entrance, NOT directly over it, it would be on either side. I do not have a 'smoking gun' pic of this to post, but its here-Mexican mine requirement. I can see 'maybes' but not clear enough to convince me I have 'this' Cross..
The 2nd pic below is showing 2 arrows pointing to 'images', I have a zoomed in pic of these 2 images.
1673444726949.png

1673444942477.png

'
1673445315654.png

1673445386461.png

This is a ledge 10 to 15 ft under the mine and just East of the waterfall. This was the tailings dump and tailings were
thrown over the side. There are tailings on the 'East' side of the waterfall at the 'base' of the ledge(canyon floor). There are volcanic vent holes on the tailings ledge-the following 2 pics of vent holes are from the tailings ledge. These are directly below the mine.
1673446582508.png

1673446660154.png

1673446713191.png

This is a pic of the crack/crevice from the waist high white square rock with the oblong corner, notice the pick ax work on the rose quartz vein.
1673570494240.png

There are several 'volcanic vents' into the rose quartz vein in the bottom of the crack/crevice.
1673570863795.png

I am out of space so this is the last pic, so best for the last.
'There is a square rock not quite blocking the entrance', 'you must be on your belly to enter the mine', and 'you can almost peak into the mine/cave where the dirt has settled'. I also see tailings dirt, a hole in the dirt where it is 'still' settling, and the mine entrance appears to be chipped to form the heart.
1673572143304.png

This was a known mine before the Dutchman(The Sombrero Mine), and the accurate Mexican miner clues, documentation and maps, fit this location.
The Dutchman found this mine, and his 'story' advises he 'obtained' it from Mexicans miners who were working it. The detailed record keepers the Mexican miners were,
there is not another mine in here that would 'fit' for this time and location. For the Dutchman clues, the five mile circle 'From the Needle' or 'Needle is in the center', was my only 'questionable'
clue of his mines location. At 5 miles the Mexican miners stones/sketch maps fit, and I could see the horse head, 'exactly' as described. Once out here, all his other clues for this site are just as described. I would think you could not find another site anywhere out here, with this many 'detailed' clues, in their 'detailed' locations, and provided by 'different' peoples.
The proof I am advised I would need to provide would not be permitted by the Forest Service, they will verify if any Wilderness laws were broken to obtain it.
I do believe the Lost Dutchman mine can be 'verified' but the experts will need to figure that one out, I did the hard part.
Thank you for viewing my material and I hope this helps for anyone interested in this story.
Good Luck and Stay Safe!

Last edited:

musician

Greenie
Aug 20, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing the photos. Did you use a detector or why are you sure that a mine is under the three rocks? Waltz gave directions to locate the hidden camp and go back into the canyon to approach from downside. Does this fit? There are clues for indian ruins at the saddle.

OP
OP
A

ancientones

Apr 16, 2010
Thanks for sharing the photos. Did you use a detector or why are you sure that a mine is under the three rocks? Waltz gave directions to locate the hidden camp and go back into the canyon to approach from downside. Does this fit? There are clues for indian ruins at the saddle.
Thanks for the reply Musician. I did not detect but wish I had. Was all I could do to get in here with just the basics.
My goal was to show the clues/mine and one advised of '3 white square or rectangle(2 versions of the shape) rocks above the mine, which these are. The white rocks stand out compared to the terrain so they make great clues. I looked inside as it made an overhang and saw the camp. Sorry if I was not clear and added pics to show. The mine
is below the 3 white rocks in the pit bottom about 175 ft.

flyangelz

Jan 16, 2023
A great share, would like to say Thankyou. šŸ™ Am here by magnetics. was there any remnants of a stone 2 bed house ? Would love if you are able to answer some questions , please how can I contact you?

You have achieved something out of the ordinary here, it is impressive ,awesome ,breathtaking oh and great deepest gratitude in sharing your pictures. How long did this hike trail take you? Did you ā€œfeelā€ divinely guided?
This trail is mind blowing , what a long journey you have undertaken, one which would have exhausted research from many years and read the usual suspect books.
I need to sit down with a cup of coffee and immerse Myself with your wonderful exciting posting.
seriously have loved your pictures. If this is not Waltz mine it is still a wonderful post. šŸ˜‰

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

ancientones

Apr 16, 2010
A great share, would like to say Thankyou. šŸ™ Am here by magnetics. was there any remnants of a stone 2 bed house ? Would love if you are able to answer some questions , please how can I contact you?

You have achieved something out of the ordinary here, it is impressive ,awesome ,breathtaking oh and great deepest gratitude in sharing your pictures. How long did this hike trail take you? Did you ā€œfeelā€ divinely guided?
This trail is mind blowing , what a long journey you have undertaken, one which would have exhausted research from many years and read the usual suspect books.
I need to sit down with a cup of coffee and immerse Myself with your wonderful exciting posting.
seriously have loved your pictures. If this is not Waltz mine it is still a wonderful post. šŸ˜‰
flyangelz
Thanks for the response and interest. I was born in Phx and enjoyed this legend growing up and google earth allowed me to check some things out, I did not look for the stone house. My goal was to find the mine and all the major visual clues I could take pics of and show their relationship to the site and location-per the clues. I may have it on a pic., have not spent time on this. This is a medium to hard hike, and round trip in 2 days. To get there and take a picture of the mine.
I am happy to respond to email and Thanks again for your post.

flyangelz

Jan 16, 2023
flyangelz
Thanks for the response and interest. I was born in Phx and enjoyed this legend growing up and google earth allowed me to check some things out, I did not look for the stone house. My goal was to find the mine and all the major visual clues I could take pics of and show their relationship to the site and location-per the clues. I may have it on a pic., have not spent time on this. This is a medium to hard hike, and round trip in 2 days. To get there and take a picture of the mine.
I am happy to respond to email and Thanks again for your post.
What is your take on the seven caves and the gatekeepers ? Do you think they exist ? Did you encounter the eyes? Some hikers with ā€œ ill ā€œintent to discover gold never made it out , the riches are not important , wealth cannot be justified in these mountains nor the greed in manā€™s desires. Seems you have been granted safe passage, pictures etc, you obviously have the respect for this heritage site , the ancients are our Watchers. Canā€™t see how to private message you, Thankyou so much for your reply.

OP
OP
A

ancientones

Apr 16, 2010
What is your take on the seven caves and the gatekeepers ? Do you think they exist ? Did you encounter the eyes? Some hikers with ā€œ ill ā€œintent to discover gold never made it out , the riches are not important , wealth cannot be justified in these mountains nor the greed in manā€™s desires. Seems you have been granted safe passage, pictures etc, you obviously have the respect for this heritage site , the ancients are our Watchers. Canā€™t see how to private message you, Thankyou so much for your reply.
flyangelz
I agree on the 'private message' ability and not sure how to do if available.
You are correct. Since the Superstition Mtns. became 'Wilderness Designation',
you would be violating the law. My understanding is before this could happen a 'survey'
was done to ensure no 'large minable mineral' deposits were present for this Wilderness Act
to pass. If this is true, I would think there needs to be a 're-survey' starting 'East' of Peters Canyon
and South of Tortilla Wash. Whether ambushed by Apache or had to leave due to US
Territory, the Mexican miners were active here for a reason. The Sombrero Mine was the last
mine they found here, and it was rich enough for a few to risk coming back to continue to mine it.
Jacob Waltz mined his gold here, as did others. The history of this mine is the true story.
I will start a new thread 'The Sombrero Mine' to show this activity and will post to this thread.
Thanks again for your interest,

flyangelz

Jan 16, 2023
flyangelz
I agree on the 'private message' ability and not sure how to do if available.
You are correct. Since the Superstition Mtns. became 'Wilderness Designation',
you would be violating the law. My understanding is before this could happen a 'survey'
was done to ensure no 'large minable mineral' deposits were present for this Wilderness Act
to pass. If this is true, I would think there needs to be a 're-survey' starting 'East' of Peters Canyon
and South of Tortilla Wash. Whether ambushed by Apache or had to leave due to US
Territory, the Mexican miners were active here for a reason. The Sombrero Mine was the last
mine they found here, and it was rich enough for a few to risk coming back to continue to mine it.
Jacob Waltz mined his gold here, as did others. The history of this mine is the true story.
I will start a new thread 'The Sombrero Mine' to show this activity and will post to this thread.
Thanks again for your interest,
I am very interested to preserve , protect and persevere . The ancients deserve to be honoured , recognised and their ancient history shared and told. Maybe one day in a museum where people can travel to the sups, maybe pray for lives lost in the canyon of souls and have it as a heritage site for all the new world to know the hidden, lost history that is guarded within these beautiful mountains. One day Someone will honour this site for all to see An ancient history waiting to be told , shown and shared. I say this in respect of the many many threads and conversations shared regarding the peralta stones and the stories of the Lost Dutchman Mines. A compelling span of time with real cowboys and truth hunters some who are no longer here. Treasure net is priceless. Thatā€™s the real prize to read the stories.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

ancientones

Apr 16, 2010
I am very interested to preserve , protect and persevere . The ancients deserve to be honoured , recognised and their ancient history shared and told. Maybe one day in a museum where people can travel to the sups, maybe pray for lives lost in the canyon of souls and have it as a heritage site for all the new world to know the hidden, lost history that is guarded within these beautiful mountains. One day Someone will honour this site for all to see An ancient history waiting to be told , shown and shared. I say this in respect of the many many threads and conversations shared regarding the peralta stones and the stories of the Lost Dutchman Mines. A compelling span of time with real cowboys and truth hunters some who are no longer here. Treasure net is priceless. Thatā€™s the real prize to read the stories.
flyangelz,
I agree 100%. The true story is the Mexican miners who braved coming up here through harsh terrain, Apache, and far from home to mine here. The Sombrero mine was the last one found and was rich enough that a few Mexican miners would take these same risk as well as now being US Territory and no right to be in here.

*I will post my new thread today, 'The Sombrero Mine'. This will provide more history to this mine and why it is here.
Thank you again for your interest and responses.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Sombrero mine it's not the lost Dutchman's mine. The LDM was the last one found in the first Peralta's expedition, in the mid of 1700's. The descendants of the first Peralta, found another three mines in the 1800's.
Your mine it's not the LDM, nor the Sombrero mine. The only clue which it's common to both mines, is: " You have to climb o short way up in regards to see El Sombrero peak to the south ".

OP
OP
A

ancientones

Apr 16, 2010
The Sombrero mine it's not the lost Dutchman's mine. The LDM was the last one found in the first Peralta's expedition, in the mid of 1700's. The descendants of the first Peralta, found another three mines in the 1800's.
Your mine it's not the LDM, nor the Sombrero mine. The only clue which it's common to both mines, is: " You have to climb o short way up in regards to see El Sombrero peak to the south ".
markmar,
I would not know about the 1700s, my research is based on the 1846/1847 dated maps, Heart stone and what was happening at this time. I would not see the purpose to mark/update 'old' mines onto their 'current' 1846/1847 maps,
unless they still had 'value'. The stories/clues of this mine from the Indians, 2 soldiers, Jacob Waltz and his partner, and others, were talking about a 'current' rich gold mine. Ore brought out by some has been verified as such. The Sombrero shape was a common landmark used by the Mexican miners to help identify their sites. From the West, facing the Northern end of the Superstitions, you will see 'Geronimo Head' facing the sky, this mountain is just South of Tortilla Flats. On the Top South end of this mtn. is the 'Sombrero' knob/hill. To the 'East' across Peters Canyon is the mine, this shows on 'their' sketch map(s) as well. I will post this on my The Sombrero Mine thread.
Thank you for your post.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
markmar,
I would not know about the 1700s, my research is based on the 1846/1847 dated maps, Heart stone and what was happening at this time. I would not see the purpose to mark/update 'old' mines onto their 'current' 1846/1847 maps,
unless they still had 'value'. The stories/clues of this mine from the Indians, 2 soldiers, Jacob Waltz and his partner, and others, were talking about a 'current' rich gold mine. Ore brought out by some has been verified as such. The Sombrero shape was a common landmark used by the Mexican miners to help identify their sites. From the West, facing the Northern end of the Superstitions, you will see 'Geronimo Head' facing the sky, this mountain is just South of Tortilla Flats. On the Top South end of this mtn. is the 'Sombrero' knob/hill. To the 'East' across Peters Canyon is the mine, this shows on 'their' sketch map(s) as well. I will post this on my The Sombrero Mine thread.
Thank you for your post.
Then, good luck with your discovery. I didn't know there are maps dated 1846-'47.

flyangelz

Jan 16, 2023
Then, good luck with your discovery. I didn't know there are maps dated 1846-'47.
Hello MarkMar

You have been around treasure Net Conversation threads a while. All the NP posts have been my inspiration to trawl time and read the amazing posts and thread conversations. Do you think NP is still here? Klondike ?

The map trail Ancientones has followed is quite breathtaking. I may stick around this thread along with a few others , there is a very important starburst to follow . Finding trophy Gold is Not a worthy goal, chatting to winds of time, winds of change, and respect for the ancients is . Mankind is in dark deep peril , the mountains hold many secrets maybe it will reveal help to a pure heart. The P stones are a mystery only a very Small number of people can crack. All eyes on threads do invite unfriendly, deceptive ones so caution is always advised. Too many boys have caught a cold on the thread messages. Bravo to you Ancientones for that hike , I still am re reading your shared postings.
Have a good day Gentlemen, a tip of the hat to you all.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello MarkMar

You have been around treasure Net Conversation threads a while. All the NP posts have been my inspiration to trawl time and read the amazing posts and thread conversations. Do you think NP is still here? Klondike ?

The map trail Ancientones has followed is quite breathtaking. I may stick around this thread along with a few others , there is a very important starburst to follow . Finding trophy Gold is Not a worthy goal, chatting to winds of time, winds of change, and respect for the ancients is . Mankind is in dark deep peril , the mountains hold many secrets maybe it will reveal help to a pure heart. The P stones are a mystery only a very Small number of people can crack. All eyes on threads do invite unfriendly, deceptive ones so caution is always advised. Too many boys have caught a cold on the thread messages. Bravo to you Ancientones for that hike , I still am re reading your shared postings.
Have a good day Gentlemen, a tip of the hat to you all.
Hello Flyangelz

I don't know about Klondike, but NP passed away in July 2017. Np was the only man who found Jenkins lost gold source, and he also knew the place DeGrazia paintings were buried along with another set of stone maps.
Who are you who can help mankind and in what way? Why you chosed treasure of Santa Fe when in the SW are many other treasures?

flyangelz

Jan 16, 2023
I am a no one, just someone who followed the threads with interest regarding Oz, the story behind d the canyon of lost souls, a respect for the ancients , and a fascination with Jacob waltz over the years. The Tucson artefacts are interesting as are the peralta stones. Whatā€™s your thought the treasure or the trail hikes or the gold? Sad to know NP passed away. I remember now . Thankyou for your reply.

OP
OP
A

ancientones

Apr 16, 2010
markmar,
I have no room to post pics on this thread so will do this on my additional thread. You can verify this on google.
The 'joy' for me is trying to make the clues fit. I am not a prospector/treasure hunter, I like to find Spanish/Mexican treasure maps in Az. and try and 'figure them out'. I would not hike into these mountains looking for this mine, thousands with way more knowledge than me have done this for 100 years. I wanted to find the Sombrero Mine
as the Mexicans, taught by the Spanish, were 'detailed' with their maps. As I matched these clues to the maps,
I realized 'other' clues were here. When I followed the instructions by the Indian boy about the Horse Head, not only about the head description but the 200 ft rock jutting South-I was convinced and set about to get there. I could see Dutchman clues match up, S to N flowing canyon, Weavers 'due' South and reached out to experts about this, I was advised 'in the wrong place'.
The 'true' treasure I found is with Google Earth and the ability to see the 'Spanish/Mexican' trail symbols
on these hills and applying this to other treasure sites of theirs and hope it's not in a 'Wilderness".
For Geronimo Head, depending on where the clue teller was standing, the South end of the 'head' is the North end of Malapais Mtn. This North end is the Sombrero butte/hill. The gulch South of Geronimo Head would not fit for a S to N flowing canyon and Weavers is not "due" South. This clue is depending on where the clue teller was standing and how he saw it. Other than the gulch/mine being on the 'East' it fits.
Thanks again markmar

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a no one, just someone who followed the threads with interest regarding Oz, the story behind d the canyon of lost souls, a respect for the ancients , and a fascination with Jacob waltz over the years. The Tucson artefacts are interesting as are the peralta stones. Whatā€™s your thought the treasure or the trail hikes or the gold? Sad to know NP passed away. I remember now . Thankyou for your reply.
Literally a treasure is all about the gold and other precious metals and gems. Metaphorically a treasure could be anything we love to have in our lives, depending of everyone's concept and mindset.
Now , the Tucson atifacts are for the same region as the stone maps, but were made by different people with different concept and culture than those who made the stone maps. Theoretically they have had the same God, but spiritually they were different. They have had different roles in the history.
And, I don't believe you are a no one. Looking for the Tucson artifacts " treasure " to use it fot the good of mankind, I would say you could belong spiritually to the Heroes era of humanity, so you could reach in some way that treasure. Enough to believe what are you saying.

flyangelz

Jan 16, 2023
markmar,
I have no room to post pics on this thread so will do this on my additional thread. You can verify this on google.
The 'joy'
Literally a treasure is all about the gold and other precious metals and gems. Metaphorically a treasure could be anything we love to have in our lives, depending of everyone's concept and mindset.
Now , the Tucson atifacts are for the same region as the stone maps, but were made by different people with different concept and culture than those who made the stone maps. Theoretically they have had the same God, but spiritually they were different. They have had different roles in the history.
And, I don't believe you are a no one. Looking for the Tucson artifacts " treasure " to use it fot the good of mankind, I would say you could belong spiritually to the Heroes era of humanity, so you could reach in some way that treasure. Enough to believe what are you saying.

me is trying to make the clues fit. I am not a prospector/treasure hunter, I like to find Spanish/Mexican treasure maps in Az. and try and 'figure them out'. I would not hike into these mountains looking for this mine, thousands with way more knowledge than me have done this for 100 years. I wanted to find the Sombrero Mine
as the Mexicans, taught by the Spanish, were 'detailed' with their maps. As I matched these clues to the maps,
I realized 'other' clues were here. When I followed the instructions by the Indian boy about the Horse Head, not only about the head description but the 200 ft rock jutting South-I was convinced and set about to get there. I could see Dutchman clues match up, S to N flowing canyon, Weavers 'due' South and reached out to experts about this, I was advised 'in the wrong place'.
The 'true' treasure I found is with Google Earth and the ability to see the 'Spanish/Mexican' trail symbols
on these hills and applying this to other treasure sites of theirs and hope it's not in a 'Wilderness".
For Geronimo Head, depending on where the clue teller was standing, the South end of the 'head' is the North end of Malapais Mtn. This North end is the Sombrero butte/hill. The gulch South of Geronimo Head would not fit for a S to N flowing canyon and Weavers is not "due" South. This clue is depending on where the clue teller was standing and

how he saw it. Other than the gulch/mine being on the 'East' it fits.
Thanks again markmar
Reminds of the saying ā€œone manā€™s rubbish is another manā€™s treasure. ā€œ.
Treasure shines where thereā€™s muck thereā€™s a buck. All in the minds eye.
The best kept secrets are the treasures found in the mind.
have a wonderful evening. šŸ˜€

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread