Is there a 2 or 3 tone Tesoro?

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I swore I would never go to a beep and dig, but I have been thinking about how I currently detect. My detector has no VDI numbers, only notches. I only really look at the screen when I pinpoint to get a rough idea on depth.

I use a 4 tone detector, love it, aside from its performance in iron.

I stumbled across a great site this summer, 20+ silver for my Uncle and I combined, 60+ wheaties, canadian large cents etc. The problem is this area was settled in the 1660's and this spot in particular has a ton of iron in it. It sits on the junction of 2 rivers.

I have never heard of a multi tone Tesoro and I am guessing there might not be one but figured I would check. I have heard they do well in iron sometimes.

No screen I think I could manage, but I am a tone hunter so multi tones would be the most important thing.

Any ideas?

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
The Golden is one.
Out of production now, but plenty of used ones around.
4 tones plus you can control the width of the notches...very handy for park hunting with heavy trash.

The new one, the Cazador, "might" have multiple tones, it might also have air bags, ground penetrating radar and cup holders too, but nobody really has a clue.
When it finally shows up we will see.

The Tesoro line is far from beep and dig, by the way.
There is a language you learn that once you do, can give you almost the same volume of info that you get with screen units...even the ones with only one tone.
Many use Vaqueros, Compadres Tejons and others in all kinds of sites with mucho iron and do well.
Very well as a matter of fact.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...&mid=34255D854AC46EADB39A34255D854AC46EADB39A

Last edited:

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
a vaquero is my first and only detector i have ever used. it is signal tone, but, hard to describe, tone has differences in it to different things. turning the disc knob to see where target breaks up, can get a good idea what it is. i have not found any gold. i did test my gals small gold ring and broke up before nickel. that stinks because thats where small foil does. haha

OP
OP
ryaan21

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I am just looking for a good 2-3 tone machine that does well in iron. My Fisher CZ70 Pro has found me a bunch of nice things and I probably would keep it unless I found something fitting my needs.

rws51

May 12, 2009
ryaan21, the Tesoro Cortes has the SUM mode switch but you have to hold it in place as you sweep over the target. Never made much sense to me to have it set up that way and didn't care for it so I traded the Cortes off..........HH

Roger

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish there was! A 2-3 tone Vaquero would be awesome. I love how light they all are, but could not get used to the single tone after using a multiple tone machine. The Outlaw looks like it has the most features that I would use like a toggle to go from AM to disc mode and the retune feature and a lower operating freq than the Vaq or Tejon that may make it less susceptible to iron falsing.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread