Is there any good pinpointer under $100? Or which one I should choose?

Blitzriuriu

Aug 3, 2015
Latvia
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro 11DD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, and first of all, sorry for another thread like this. I have read pretty much every thread about pinpointers and I can not come to a good conclusion about what should I do.

I have Eurotek pro for around a half of a month now and I am really happy with it. Great machine with double DD coil that I got used for $200. So far I am digging without a pointer. I just dig a hole, narrow the target down as much as I can and then I begin swinging the dirt with my hands in front of the coil. It works but it is a slow and unpleasant process. The hole is messed up and it is very hard to close it so that it doesn't look bad. I spend around 2-4 minutes on a single target. And the more I read about pointers the more I understand how much I need it.

So can you suggest me some good pointers? I have a really low budget, just around $100 left for this season. I was thinking about getting the fisher pointer, but I found very few persons who said it is worth it. There is also those $20 dollar pointers many claim to be decent, but in comparison videos Garrett beats every other pointer. Except for that TRX one but it costs $160 here in Latvia with warranty. A little cheaper without but that is a bad investment then I believe. Pro pointer costs $120 with 2 year warranty but that is pretty much out of my budget for the next two months. Two months without a pointer sounds really bad.

So is there any pointer that is worth it under or just around $100? I found out about X-pointer, but they do not sell officialy in Eastern Europe as of now and in eBay I can get the cheapest one just for the $100 without warranty.

Upvote 0

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would check with Keith @ Fort Bedford on here under vendors and see if he would ship to you and the cost. He has them on closeout at a great price. I just got mine yesterday and went out on an hour hunt and absolutely love it. Welcome to Tnet and Happy Hunting

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sunray probe is #1... Garrett Carrot is #2...

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Spend the extra and get the TRX. It's a tool that saves you a lot of time and gets you swinging again faster for your next target. Don't let a few bucks limit you from the best products.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
take your time and save up for the garrett I would say.the time you spend without one is excellent training time.you will master pin pointing with your machine and be that much better off when you get your pin pointer.patience my friend,the cheap ones suck,the fisher one that came with my wifes 1st machine was useless.

now get out there and find the coins you need to do it right !!
:occasion14:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Save for the Garrett Carrot. Garrett Carrot.PNG :headbang:

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Being on the other side why not look into a Deteknix pp?

OP
OP
B

Blitzriuriu

Aug 3, 2015
Latvia
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro 11DD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for the answers! Great help! I have no idea what would I do without this forum :)

I think I will skip buying the pointer for this season, I will save up some money and buy the Carrot at Spring. Besides I have only month and a half to metal detect this season. I hope I can MD so long without a pinpointer and not go crazy. December and January and sometimes even in February the soil is so frozen it is near impossible to dig a hole here anyhow. Hopefully even at the beginning of spring the X-Pointer will be aviablale to buy here in Latvia with warranty.

More posts with thoughts and tips would be great though!

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My at just went bad. Not impressed with it should last longer than a couple months. My whites and minelab are over 2 years old and both work like new.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Blitzriuriu

Aug 3, 2015
Latvia
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro 11DD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, the poll choices were wrong. The Deteknix XPointer can be bought all day long for $89 and a 2 year warranty. I found no reason to spend more.

Try Amazon.com. They are worldwide.

Here is one that looks interesting and waterproof for $64. Just vibrates and flashes though.

Maclean ® MCE120 Pro Pin Pointer Probe Flashlight Belt: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
That would be the best deal, I absolutely agree, but sadly amazon does not ship to Latvia at all. The xpointer is not in uk amazon and on Ebay it costs well over $100. Maybe there are other sites that sell it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread