pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I could probably cut a plug faster with a knife, as I did that most of my years but now I don't have to cut any plugs as I don't want to damage the grass at public places.
Just a gift for the next generation.
Cheers.

Nice big knife works just great, cuts a plug pretty nice. Then in the off season you can carve up the snow blocks to make a fort. :)

SoCalDesertFox

Nov 27, 2015
SoCal
Detector(s) used
First Texas Search Master DX-3500 (1981)
Primary Interest:
Other
That is laughable logic. There is no proof whatsoever of any threats by Lesche or members of the forum. No black helicopters anywhere.

What a ridiculous statement. Bends and folds in certain metal applications are proven to increase strength. Quite simple stuff really. Flat iron and steel bands they use to stamp these tools are very easy to bend...especially at length...adding a V bend will require the need of additional force to make the same bend. Metal working 101.

The only way to snap the handle off of a full-tang Lesche in real-world conditions is trying to pry concrete slabs and boulders up. Nobody with regular digging force will break one outside of a manufacturing defect such as a bad weld.

Just because you break stuff at your job does not mean you are qualified to make assessments for everybody in real world situations. It makes you looks pompous. The fact you cannot get simple metal physics correct also adds to your lack of credibility. Lab or work type conditions where you break "stuff" does not equate to real world usage. Not even remotely the same ballpark.

It is not a moot point when he is telling people to "learn the ropes" and then cannot get simple definitions correct. :occasion14: Emails and PMs are not the same and they do not use even close to the same protocol.

Oh yeah...IT guy for 20 years...see how that works?

IT guy for a mere 20? That's a decade less than me! Did you forget both PMs and e-mails transfer over TCP/IP? Doesn't matter POP or SMTP, it's still TCP/IP transmitted. And in the end, it's all BINARY. It is still ELECTRONIC MAIL. It gets delivered to an INBOX. Protocol means NOTHING. The *CONCEPT* is what matters, and thus trying to pick at terms only shows that you're trying to prove you're right by arguing by authority, when in reality, you just committed the fallacy fallacy! Failure! Does not compute!

Oh, and I do metalworking. Folds and Bends are HORRIBLE for strength without TWO OTHER LOCATIONS *AT MINIMUM* TO FIX POINT. That's why my *MILITARY GRADE AND MILITARY MADE* shovel has FOUR ATTACH POINTS.

"adding a V bend will require the need of additional force to make the same bend. Metal working 101. "

IN ONE DIRECTION. It weakens in the other direction. Basic metalworking 101, eh? Have you bothered forging your own swords or making your own armor? I have. I know how this stuff works, as yet again, MY JOB IS TO BREAK STUFF. I'm still making my armor plate for my wedding outfit. BASIC HIGH SCHOOL METAL SHOP. Not even a college-level 101 course. Did you fail to take the basics in an actual school that teaches you this stuff?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people here are seriously in need of cabin-fever distraction. Here, stare at this picture until the whole thing is spinning.

distract.jpg

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting your Fiskars is tougher than the lesche. Is this the one you are using? View attachment 1255823

To be honest, I can't say for sure, and I even used it today! The handle isn't looking familiar, but it could very well be it. I'll look at it tomorrow and let you know. I am sure it's a Fiskars though.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IT guy for a mere 20? That's a decade less than me! Did you forget both PMs and e-mails transfer over TCP/IP? Doesn't matter POP or SMTP, it's still TCP/IP transmitted. And in the end, it's all BINARY. It is still ELECTRONIC MAIL. It gets delivered to an INBOX. Protocol means NOTHING. The *CONCEPT* is what matters, and thus trying to pick at terms only shows that you're trying to prove you're right by arguing by authority, when in reality, you just committed the fallacy fallacy! Failure! Does not compute!

Oh, and I do metalworking. Folds and Bends are HORRIBLE for strength without TWO OTHER LOCATIONS *AT MINIMUM* TO FIX POINT. That's why my *MILITARY GRADE AND MILITARY MADE* shovel has FOUR ATTACH POINTS.

"adding a V bend will require the need of additional force to make the same bend. Metal working 101. "

IN ONE DIRECTION. It weakens in the other direction. Basic metalworking 101, eh? Have you bothered forging your own swords or making your own armor? I have. I know how this stuff works, as yet again, MY JOB IS TO BREAK STUFF. I'm still making my armor plate for my wedding outfit. BASIC HIGH SCHOOL METAL SHOP. Not even a college-level 101 course. Did you fail to take the basics in an actual school that teaches you this stuff?

You still ain't breaking a lesche without some kind of mechanical advantage.

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have bent the shovels I got from Lowe's on hard ground. Now I use a piranha relics and a raptor model 31 for yards and parks. That raptor makes a lesche tool feel like a tool and in my opinion, cuts a nicer plug.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's just meet up down at the 'ol water hole and throw back a few beers. If we get bored, we can bust up the furniture, break out some winders and just have a good 'ol male bondin' time!!:occasion14: Are ya'll up fer it??

Joel_T

Tenderfoot
Dec 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have bent the shovels I got from Lowe's on hard ground. Now I use a piranha relics and a raptor model 31 for yards and parks. That raptor makes a lesche tool feel like a tool and in my opinion, cuts a nicer plug.

Which do you prefer?....that cuts the nicer plug.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well of course you are an IT guy for a decade more than me SoCal...I expected nothing less.

An IT guy for 30 years...a metallurgist who has forged his own armor and swords....and a professional "breaker of things"....

It is a wonder you have any time left in your day for metal detecting and posting.

Going to need a beer truck at the watering hole at this rate....

Cletus

Nov 24, 2015
Winchester Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro / Garrett AT Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this really surprised me. with the lack of material they have got to know the outcome.

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting your Fiskars is tougher than the lesche. Is this the one you are using? View attachment 1255823

OK, went out to the truck and looked at it this AM, that's not the one. Mine is an older model (maybe around 5 years?). I believe I bought 3 of them, and still using the 1st one (others were for spare/loaners).

Now, please don't attempt to twist what I've said. I never said anything about one being "tougher" than the other. What I DID say was the Lesche was uncomfortable for me to use, and it flexes, period.

For those who think Lesche is unbreakable, a simple internet search will prove otherwise. If you like them, I'm happy for you, it just so happens I do not. Mine will find a new owner at some point in time, and I'll stick with what I've used for years. Just as an FYI, I also have the 1st blue Ames digger (Lowes) which I bought prior to the Fiskars, which seem a little stronger than the Ames.

At one time I'd also owned a Predator Relic shovel, didn't care for it, so I sold it and use a tile spade. Being tall, it's much more comfortable to use, and does the same job (for $10).

P1040004.JPG

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, went out to the truck and looked at it this AM, that's not the one. Mine is an older model (maybe around 5 years?). I believe I bought 3 of them, and still using the 1st one (others were for spare/loaners).

Now, please don't attempt to twist what I've said. I never said anything about one being "tougher" than the other. What I DID say was the Lesche was uncomfortable for me to use, and it flexes, period.

For those who think Lesche is unbreakable, a simple internet search will prove otherwise. If you like them, I'm happy for you, it just so happens I do not. Mine will find a new owner at some point in time, and I'll stick with what I've used for years. Just as an FYI, I also have the 1st blue Ames digger (Lowes) which I bought prior to the Fiskars, which seem a little stronger than the Ames.

At one time I'd also owned a Predator Relic shovel, didn't care for it, so I sold it and use a tile spade. Being tall, it's much more comfortable to use, and does the same job (for $10).

View attachment 1256105

I never tried to twist any bodies words. I just don't understand how anyone could have made one last like the one I pictured.

thebirdflu

Aug 29, 2013
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this really surprised me. with the lack of material they have got to know the outcome.

Mine broke in the same way after only 100 hours or so of use, however I was trying to pry up a fully buried brick at the time it broke on me lol. But I will say for $8 it worked great while I had it. I can't speak about Lesche because I've never seen or used them.

OP
OP
C

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the type of info I was looking for. Thanks guys

Cletus

Nov 24, 2015
Winchester Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro / Garrett AT Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine broke in the same way after only 100 hours or so of use, however I was trying to pry up a fully buried brick at the time it broke on me lol. But I will say for $8 it worked great while I had it. I can't speak about Lesche because I've never seen or used them.

i bet i didn't have 10 hours on mine. i can't say i was easy with it but i surely wasn't doing anything that i thought it could not handle. i was wrong lol.

SoCalDesertFox

Nov 27, 2015
SoCal
Detector(s) used
First Texas Search Master DX-3500 (1981)
Primary Interest:
Other
Well of course you are an IT guy for a decade more than me SoCal...I expected nothing less.

An IT guy for 30 years...a metallurgist who has forged his own armor and swords....and a professional "breaker of things"....

It is a wonder you have any time left in your day for metal detecting and posting.

Going to need a beer truck at the watering hole at this rate....

So, let's go a little further.

I've been the research director for an international agricultural company - and to add to the whole "You know not what you speak of" I was also the mechanical and electrical engineer to design this - http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=258... Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Now, then. I've got my credentials with video proof. What do you have? You need to do better than that. I'm setting the bar, here. In other words, get on my level and start proving your convictions with citations.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With proof like random YT and TP links....I am ashamed I ever doubted you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread