What's new

Is this a chondrite?

rockpassion

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2024
Messages
540
Reaction score
605
Golden Thread
0
I found this weathered rock with a interesting matrix. And the pieces i broke off atract a magnet strongly. I first tried to cut off a piece with an iron saw but it was quite hard and the dust that came off it a powdery white/gray color.
 

Attachments

  • 23.webp
    23.webp
    457.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 22.webp
    22.webp
    406.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 24.webp
    24.webp
    273.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 25.webp
    25.webp
    434.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 226.webp
    226.webp
    399 KB · Views: 58
Sorry, but I see no evidence of chondrules, no obviously metallic flecks, and the 'intact' surface of the rock does not exhibit any typical characteristics for a meteorite.
 
Sorry, but I see no evidence of chondrules, no obviously metallic flecks, and the 'intact' surface of the rock does not exhibit any typical characteristics for a meteorite.
what are the round things in photo 2 then those look like chondrules.
 

Attachments

  • 22.webp
    22.webp
    403.6 KB · Views: 54
They're just inclusions in a terrestrial rock. They don't exhibit a typical chondritic structure.
oke, i also found this small rock today. What is your opinion
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20250824_190716.webp
    IMG_20250824_190716.webp
    121.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20250824_190725_1.webp
    IMG_20250824_190725_1.webp
    178.6 KB · Views: 48

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom