What's new

Is this a civil war hand cuff key?

DirtyMike

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
898
Reaction score
106
Golden Thread
1
Location
West Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, MXT, TDI, Tejon, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was told that this was a civil war handcuff key. :dontknow: What does everyone think?
 

Attachments

  • what are they relics 246.webp
    what are they relics 246.webp
    28.5 KB · Views: 350
  • what are they relics 243.webp
    what are they relics 243.webp
    28.9 KB · Views: 309
  • what are they relics 245.webp
    what are they relics 245.webp
    22.7 KB · Views: 325
I've seen them listed as handcuff and barrel tap ( spigot) keys. I would lean toward the barrel taps as the keys are fairly common. I think handcuff keys would be less likely to be lost and I think brass would be to soft a metal for keys to handcuffs.
 
Upvote 0
That is a barrel tap key.

Handcuff keys should be smaller.

The barrel tap keys came in different styles, with different types of ends to fit into the taps.


-Buckles
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom