bcreynolds Jr. Member Joined Oct 27, 2012 Messages 52 Reaction score 36 Golden Thread 0 May 3, 2015 #1 Found in Southeast Kansas next to a creek bed. Long time detector but just now starting to look for Native American artifacts. Any help appreciated! Upvote 0
Found in Southeast Kansas next to a creek bed. Long time detector but just now starting to look for Native American artifacts. Any help appreciated!
GatorBoy Gold Member Joined May 28, 2012 Messages 14,812 Reaction score 6,156 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 4, 2015 #2 Context means alot.. If it is an artifact which is hard to tell in these photos it would be something like a mano/grinding stone.
Context means alot.. If it is an artifact which is hard to tell in these photos it would be something like a mano/grinding stone.
GatorBoy Gold Member Joined May 28, 2012 Messages 14,812 Reaction score 6,156 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 4, 2015 #3
rock Gold Member Joined Aug 25, 2012 Messages 14,751 Reaction score 8,933 Golden Thread 0 Location South Detector(s) used Coin Finder Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 4, 2015 #4 I thought grinder also when I saw it. River rocks can look like a lot of things that the Indians used.
I thought grinder also when I saw it. River rocks can look like a lot of things that the Indians used.
monsterrack Silver Member Joined Apr 15, 2013 Messages 4,429 Reaction score 5,831 Golden Thread 0 Location Southwest Mississippi Detector(s) used Garrett, and Whites Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 4, 2015 #5 Gator nailed it I believe, like he said it is hard to tell if it is an artifact. If it is keep looking in that area there will be more.
Gator nailed it I believe, like he said it is hard to tell if it is an artifact. If it is keep looking in that area there will be more.
bcreynolds Jr. Member Joined Oct 27, 2012 Messages 52 Reaction score 36 Golden Thread 0 May 4, 2015 Thread Owner #6 Thanks guys. One side is definitely more smooth than the other. Appreciate your input.