What's new

Is this a liquor bottle?

ldsmith46

Greenie
Joined
Dec 1, 2010
Messages
13
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
I'm not sure what kind of bottle this is. It may be for liquor or some type of oil.
Thanks,
Larry
 

Attachments

  • Basket Weave Bottle 014.webp
    Basket Weave Bottle 014.webp
    57.8 KB · Views: 659
  • Basket Weave Bottle 015.webp
    Basket Weave Bottle 015.webp
    52.4 KB · Views: 590
  • Basket Weave Bottle 011 modified.webp
    Basket Weave Bottle 011 modified.webp
    23.3 KB · Views: 594
Woodland Detectors 4-H said:
It's a very nice bottle~!

I would use it for Olive Oil I suppose.

Or Vinegar. Nice find, Breezie
 
Upvote 0
I'm more interested in identifying the maker. I'm pretty sure that would ID the actual use of the bottle. What letters would you say are in that circle. All I can make out is a T and maybe a small t also. I've been searching but I can't find it yet. I need help with those letters.
Nice piece of porcelain.
 
Upvote 0
Its more like a monogram or logo than letters. I can't identify it better than what the pictures show. Thanks
 
Upvote 0
So far i've found out that it is English and dates to 1888 according to the registry number on the bottom. I have submitted this to another forum that deals with pottery/porcelain id's. BTW- The stopper doesmn't look original to the piece from the photo.
 
Upvote 0
I agree that the stopper doesn't seem to match the bottle. It was in it when I got the bottle.
 
Upvote 0
Put some liquor in it and it will be a liquor bottle! M :wink: nty
 
Upvote 0
The mark is for Taylor, Tunnicliffe, & Co. England, circa 1875 to 1898. The bottle looks like an oil cruet. Nice find!
 
Upvote 0
Cruisin said:
The mark is for Taylor, Tunnicliffe, & Co. England, circa 1875 to 1898. The bottle looks like an oil cruet. Nice find!
Great ID on that mark!! :thumbsup: At least I did get the date right.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom