What's new

Is this a military cap badge?

marble

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
79
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
This one turned up at the bottom of a bucket. It has three pieces - the large back, the insignia, and the shoe backing.

What era?

Thanks,
-Nancy
 

Attachments

  • pin8474.webp
    pin8474.webp
    51.1 KB · Views: 289
  • pin8474a.webp
    pin8474a.webp
    31.9 KB · Views: 276
Signs point to it being a WWII enlisted soldier's cap badge. Correct?
 
Upvote 0
It's an enlisted Army hat badge but I think it's newer. It looks like the 60's to 70's style. The newer ones came with a coating on them and that still has the coating on it. You can see it starting to wear away. When I was in basic in 76 we had to strip it away with brasso so it would shine.
 
Upvote 0
Did they still use the screw nut backings in the 60s and 70s? I thought they stopped using those before 1960.
 
Upvote 0
They still do on hats. The screwbacks on DUI's and rank all went away for the most part in the mid 40's but there was still some private purchase stuff that was screwback. I have seen a few from the early 50's but they aren't real common.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom