What's new

Is this a Scraper

Tn Gizmo

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2007
Messages
291
Reaction score
12
Golden Thread
0
Location
Moss, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Compass 77B ; whites 6000D ; Garrett Master Hunter CX w/Treasure Hound (two box); Minelab Exp. II
I picked this up a couple of days ago along with a broken arrowhead. I thought it was a broken arrowhead also, but now I think it may be a scraper, it seems to fit in my hand, even has a notch for the finger. Can anyone help me with an ID on this...Thanks in advance and have a great day.
Richard
 

Attachments

  • DSC06573.webp
    DSC06573.webp
    34.5 KB · Views: 397
  • DSC06576.webp
    DSC06576.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 391
  • DSC06577.webp
    DSC06577.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 381
  • DSC06578.webp
    DSC06578.webp
    27.1 KB · Views: 382
  • DSC06579.webp
    DSC06579.webp
    41.1 KB · Views: 393
  • DSC06580.webp
    DSC06580.webp
    33.7 KB · Views: 394
Upvote 0
Sure look's like a scraper to me :icon_thumright: :wink:, keep on looking see what else you may find.
 
could be a blade
possibly un-finished or pre-form or a blank
one thing for sure, it's nice
 
Its a scraper or a blade,one or the other thats 4 sure ...good looking piece!
 
many preforms or blanks were used as scrappers or rough knives as proven by use or wear patterns, while we think they are waiting to be finished into some thing else. Terry
 
tmodel said:
many preforms or blanks were used as scrappers or rough knives as proven by use or wear patterns, while we think they are waiting to be finished into some thing else. Terry

I agree 100%as a matter of fact I have found very few preforms that were just preforms.90% of them were used for onething or another.....Great find!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom