What's new

Is this a scraper?

Erving

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2013
Messages
554
Reaction score
428
Golden Thread
0
Location
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went detecting in a field where I've picked up a couple points today. It's too bad it's broken, but I found a nice quartz point, and also what might be a scraper. I know it's hard to tell what something is by a photo sometimes, but any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

004.webp005.webp006.webp007.webp
 
Upvote 0
Nice Find! It looks like a small cutting tool. Also nice little heartbreaker point.
 
For sure, Erv! Unifacial thumbnail scraper. Easily used as a knife, too. ROUGH material to work, looks like to me. The quartz(ite?) one could possibly be a hafted scraper made from a point, but I can't see the work in the pic/material. :sunny:
 
Thanks guys. I think it's just point with the tip broken off.
 

Attachments

  • 011.webp
    011.webp
    25.3 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
good eye sir thanks for sharing and great camera shot on the broken point
 
i think it may be unfinished but still utilized as it is maybe it did not flake right and the maker gave up on it

still i would have kept it also
 
couple of nice finds. some days I dont find anything so you did good
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom