What's new

Is This Anything but just a rock?

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not keen on Manos or other type of rock tools. This looks like it has some use wear on it but you let me know if it is anything. If it isnt a mano but some other type of artifact let me know. If its just a rock then say it is a rock. I dont want it if its just a rock. Found in N Ga in a field near a creek. Thanks, rock
 

Attachments

  • 100_3114.webp
    100_3114.webp
    187.2 KB · Views: 170
  • 100_3115.webp
    100_3115.webp
    151.9 KB · Views: 174
  • 100_3117.webp
    100_3117.webp
    150.7 KB · Views: 169
  • 100_3118.webp
    100_3118.webp
    170.4 KB · Views: 184
Upvote 0
It is a rock.
 
If I found that on a known site where I found other artifacts made from the same type stone I'd think that was used. IMO.
 
River cobble Rock. Was it near water? I you dig down far enough it is one big stream bed of those and many will show wear from river tumble but then there are some that will look like they were used as a hammer stone. I am sure many were used as they are plentiful in fields and camps. I have many that I pick up as well. The jury will be hung on them though. But they sure look cool 8-)
 
OK well I thought maybe something else cause it was so far away from the creek. But it will go back then. I am glad I can post something and you guys can tell me the truth. I havent found a Mano yet. Its on my wish list, lol
 
They used those river cobbles though Rock. Do not discount every one . I have dug them from shelters with lap stones and one edge will be pounded to pieces so they are used. I have one I kept as an artifact for years though and even labeled it. It is natural I am sure. Here is one I think was used. Here is another I tagged back in 92 I think it is natural,lol. I have lots of them some are good some are just rocks. :hello:

100_4260.webp
 
The round one looks good. The flint behind it looks better.
 
The round one looks good. The flint behind it looks better.


Yeah I pulled that out the other day and forgot about it. I need to post for opinions. It is a no face point :laughing7:.
 
Nite I GTG due to thunder storms tonight. This is the 3rd one coming. We had 1 Tornado come through already and missed me again :icon_thumleft:
 
Same here later.
 
If I found that on a known site where I found other artifacts made from the same type stone I'd think that was used. IMO.

I have one hell of a time not picking those up. Especially on good grounds. Some of those were used as clubs. Not this one, I don't believe. Does it have any linear scarring or wear that is apparent?
 
Did you catch that snake?

No I hate snakes. That was the first copperhead I have ever seen since I have lived here. I wasnt wearing my snake boots so I took a pic from a distance. I will have them on the next time for sure. I dont care how hot it is.
 
No I hate snakes. That was the first copperhead I have ever seen since I have lived here. I wasnt wearing my snake boots so I took a pic from a distance. I will have them on the next time for sure. I dont care how hot it is.

Ahhhh come on now! They are so fluffy and cute.
 
Looked like what we call tator rocks.
V
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom