What's new

Is this anything?

Bd260

Tenderfoot
Joined
Oct 11, 2012
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this rock among a few others while a lake was being put in. Only picked up this one. I've been told this is a quarry stone. Just want some other opinions.
 

Attachments

  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    46.9 KB · Views: 98
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    75.4 KB · Views: 95
Upvote 0
Man, going by the provided pics. It looks like 2 different pieces. Give us a few more angels please!!
 
Welcome...and that may be a big hunk of petrified wood. See the grain in the second pic.? I don't see any man-made alterations to it.
 
No artifact but a nice looking rock. We do have a rock page in this forum. Tnet has provided one for you to post and they have some good people in there. I use it when I find a nice rock that IDK what type it is. You should post what state you found it in. Thanks, rock
 
Here's a few more shots. As for the grain on the rock that's mostly from the heavy machines that dug it out.

2012-10-11_11-12-39_314.webpResizedImage_1349968536142.webpResizedImage_1349968582786.webp2012-10-11_11-23-30_338.webp
 
I also found these around that spot.

ResizedImage_1349970172664.webp
 
Very well could have been moved there by early man as a flint source for tools. Could also be natural but I couldn't made a compelling case why it's not exactly what you asked about?

Joe
 
I found some rocks that look just like tools behind my moms by a natural lake in Florida on private property last yr. They were brought in for repairing the shore line. They look just like the real thing but I truly believe they are Geofacts cause there is no flaking or use wear on them at all. Machines can make some cool looking rocks.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom