What's new

is this cock and bull or not you decide i already have(SLIGHTY ADULT CONTENT)

metal mania

Hero Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2009
Messages
576
Reaction score
50
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have an expression here Cock and Bull it means A fanciful and unbelievable tale. Rather an usual phrase of word's I thought any way I was chatting to an old farmer called bill down in the green pastures of Devon asking for permission to detect his field whom coincidentally was tending to a rather harsh looking bull. He was asking about how deep I might be digging I said I expected to be going no deeper than 18 cm he then said he didn't know how deep that was in inches .

Neither did I so he suggested we go up to his house to Google it when we got there I was served afternoon tea by his rather fetching buxom daughter which was lovely indeed cream scones with jam. The scones were alright as well.

After we ate and drank a fine pint of his home made cider scrumpy I think it was called a local brew with some considerable kick to it he decide to google 18 cm into inches.

cock and bull or what you decide,

answers below please.
[h=3][/h]
 
It sounds like the beginning of the American traveling salesman jokes. Like the bouxom daughter helps him dig the holes and he gets invited to stay the night. lol Frank...

068-LEDA.webp
 
What kinda cockamamie anecdote is this?
 
It sounds like the beginning of the American traveling salesman jokes. Like the bouxom daughter helps him dig the holes and he gets invited to stay the night. lol Frank...

View attachment 793181

who is this it looks like one of my ex's I much prefer filling holes or is that humor a little below the belt
 
Sounds like the start of a beautiful friendship!
 
Ho-hum buddy, that's a lot of cock and bull. That expression is pretty well known here in the states, and I've heard it all my life. Could be cause my mom's side of the family is Roseberry, who came over here a long, long time ago and married into the Cherokee tribe. I might be descended from royalty, as in Lord Roseberry. On the other hand, that could be a lot of cock and bull. Seriously, that's the first time I've heard it used in about 40 years, and had no idea it was an English thing.
 
who is this it looks like one of my ex's I much prefer filling holes or is that humor a little below the belt

That is Leda. Her origin is a Da Vinci sketch. Frank...111-1 profile.webpThis is also from a Da vinci sketch.
 
The cock's on the housetop, blowing his horn:
The bull's in the barn a-threshing of corn:
The maids in the meadows are making of hay:
The ducks in the river are swimming away.
 
Mary had a little lamb.. The doctor was surprised You should have seen the doctors face when Old Mc Donald had a farm :laughing7:
 
Sounds like poppycock to me! TTC
 
It sounds like the beginning of the American traveling salesman jokes. Like the bouxom daughter helps him dig the holes and he gets invited to stay the night. lol Frank...

View attachment 793181

Sure Frankn. After tea ,returning to the field darkness fell before the halfway point.
Knowing i was far from home the farmer kindly offered the barn for the night.
After dinner and settled in the barn his daughter came in and asked if there was anything else i needed. No i,m set i replied.
And that ,Dr. ,is how i came to fall off the barn i was helping roof these 30 years later when i finally realized what she was asking!.
 
Never heard of the sport of "Buxom Fetching" What exactly is a "buxom" and why would one wish to fetch one?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom