What's new

✅ SOLVED Is This Just Weird Art Or ?

Cariboo5

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2011
Messages
1,115
Reaction score
2,662
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cannot quite figure out if the artist (not well known) has put a certain thought or meaning in his art.
All opinions welcome ........
 

Attachments

  • JM 1.webp
    JM 1.webp
    48.5 KB · Views: 132
  • JM 2.webp
    JM 2.webp
    37.1 KB · Views: 105
  • JM 3.webp
    JM 3.webp
    49.9 KB · Views: 104
It’s clearly an angel striving to manifest its glory against the restraining hand of man as an embodiment of evil in a three-dimensional non-abstractionist sense, paralleling a world dominated by the lack of sentimentality inherent in the structure of bourgeois emotionalism.

Or possibly just a weird drawing.
 
Upvote 0
It’s clearly an angel striving to manifest its glory against the restraining hand of man as an embodiment of evil in a three-dimensional non-abstractionist sense, paralleling a world dominated by the lack of sentimentality inherent in the structure of bourgeois emotionalism.

Or possibly just a weird drawing.
Certainly could be all of the above as you mentioned. I'm leaning towards Bourgeois emotionalism as it refers to the exploration of personal emotions and experiences in art, particularly as seen in the works of artists as could be the case here. As a last resort we'll just call it weird ........ Thanks Red-Coat & have a good one ....
 
Upvote 0
Look at the drawing closely its not what it seams something else is in the drawing I just went cross eyed looking at it lol I will try again. Trying to figure out where the focal point is maybe the Eye I also noticed the Ear is to low on the face ?
 
Upvote 0
Look at the drawing closely its not what it seams something else is in the drawing I just went cross eyed looking at it lol I will try again. Trying to figure out where the focal point is maybe the Eye I also noticed the Ear is to low on the face ?
Good eye on the low ear Mine Shaft and I could not agree with you more that it is out of the norm. The longer I look little things pop up like the circle on the forehead.
Chances are very, very good to excellent will not find out what the artist's thought's were while doing this art. If you happen to notice anything post away as I would be interested. Appreciate your thoughts & have a good one .....
 

Attachments

  • JM 1.webp
    JM 1.webp
    54.5 KB · Views: 56
Upvote 0
A few more observations on attachment for opinions and comments.........
 

Attachments

  • JM 4.webp
    JM 4.webp
    132.1 KB · Views: 53
Upvote 0
This thread illustrates how people see art differently. I only see an odd drawing of someone catching a cherub by the leg. No hidden bits or anything that needs extra interpretation. What the artist meant by the drawing, I have no idea.
 
Upvote 0
Seems like Jamie Murphy is an artist who produces a variety of works, many of which are portraits of people or animals, and he’s also a tattoo artist. Here’s a link to his Facebook page, but the ‘about’ section has no details apart from saying he’s at St. Peter's Academy Westport, NL in Canada:
https://www.facebook.com/jcmurphy91/

Other Facebook links featuring some of his work:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1763984160500145/members?locale=zh_CN

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.1763985170500044&type=3&locale=zh_CN

At that last link, if you scroll down to the bottom of the album page, there’s a picture of him putting his thumbprint on a print (or original?) of the ‘angel’ artwork that you have.

Murphy.webp



If you have a Facebook account, you could ask him if the work has a title or any particular meaning. It looks like it might have been intended for, or suitable as, a tattoo design.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just amazing how you come up with these things Red-Coat. Looks like you nailed it with the tattoo design.
I am not on social media or Facebook, if I was a simple question with the picture would get an answer.....
Thanks for your time & information ........
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
10
Views
755
Replies
5
Views
575

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom