is this old home o.k.???

R

rusty nails

go detect it - what u tell people that try to stop u has to be tailored to the oppressor -
old lady - u r looking for dangerous gas lines
kids - u r doing a survey for a new baseball park (i was told this once by a guy demolishing a childhood fishing pond - they made it a landfill )
hooligans - trying to steal your detector and booty (tell them lefty is on the way)
police - tell them some old lady or man said it was ok to detect there - but you didnt want to ask them there name in fear of scaring them .
;D leftybassplayer

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try to find out who owns the property and act like your interested in it.Tell them you want to be able to take a look around the yard and ask if you can stop by anytime to check it out.If you can't find out who owns it then you hit and run.If the cops ask,your thinking of bidding on it but you want to know where the gas lines and water lines are,because you plan on doing some exteme yard renovations,such as an in-ground pool in the back yard , sprinkler system throughout.Cops probably won't mess with you,since your female.Anybody else messes with you tell them to mind thier own business or you'll call the cops on 'em.

OP
OP
J

JackRussell

i went very early this morning i was there for maybe 20 min.. lots of siganls...and a police officer showed up and asked me to leave :( o well i gave it a shot.. He was not very nice guy ... i start school to be a cop in aug and i also start with the local auxillary i hope i dont have to work with that grouch...

R

rusty nails

i was detecting a place that it near a road where there has been - well lets some bad things have happened over the years - its like 630 am - it took the cops 5 minutes to show up and run my plates when he saw the brite yellow of my ace 250 - he took off - i dont think he would have minded me md'ing but i really think - he thought it was a WEEDWACKER ~ !
Leftybassplayer - I have been getting some - pms on my bass - I play washburn basses and yes i play lefthanded - ;D

cableman79

May 17, 2005
Mobile, Alabama
Once I was working on some trunk line cable in New Orleans and an old lady came out and asked what we were doing so I told her we were working on the sewer lines!:-\ She walked right back into her house; it really shut her up. ;D

Charles

May 23, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Stingray II, AT Pro and Surfmaster II.
Wow, so much for my ideal. ??? Did he ask if you had permission or give any reason why you could not detect there. If you really would like to detect there then your only chance is to find out how has possesion of the property and get permission. If you can get permission you can send him on his way next time. Written permission would be best. Then again you could wait till it is auctioned off and see if the new owner minds.

Mighty_Mouse

Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites QXT Pro, HeadHunter Pirate
Was in the same hole with the house i have been hunting but with no signs saying stay away or fence all anyone can do is tell me to leave so i chanced it. Have been back there about 5 other times and local cops have driven by and said nothing so eather they don't care or they think i belong there lol. heres pics of the house. It's one of the older standing houses in the town and town dates to about mid 1800's.

Attachments

• house1.jpg
    house1.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 231
OP
OP
J

JackRussell

wow that looks like a great spot!!! There is one thing i have noticed around here is that all of the law enforcement seems more up tight then back home in Minnesota... I know back home nobody would have said a thing about me MD a old property.. The cop asked me what I was doing and i told him and he told me even though there were no sines up saying no tresspassing it was still privet property owned by the county.. i apologized told him i meant no harm and walked back to the house.. So i called the city hall got the phone # for who is kinda in charge of the property called and asked if it was OK and they said no :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions