What's new

Is This Pottery???

tiggerd100

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2013
Messages
71
Reaction score
94
Golden Thread
0
I walked a creek this morning and found this.. I have never found pottery in the area.. just wondering what you guys think!!

image-960031898.webp



image-3432489583.webp



image-1847604964.webp



image-3813379641.webp



image-273608855.webp
 
Upvote 0
skate wing...petrified...???
 
Looks like a type of shell. I got plenty of pottery if you send me your address in a private message I will send you some. Then you can compare to what you find. Let me know, rock
 
Its not shell.. or fossil. Almost looks like rusty old metal. But its not. It sounds exactly like ceramics when knocked on other rocks. It actually has bits of charcoal mixed in.. Not sure what it is. Never seen it before.
 
The design is on both sides and they look just a like and pottery for the norm does not do that. The patina looks like iron deposit on it. It's cool but:dontknow:
 
Ain't no tellin. Do you know any of the history behind the site that you found it on?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom