Is this some sort of blackjack?

deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I found this on our daily treasure hunts. But what is it? I think it may be a type of blackjack. blackjack 1.jpg blackjack 2.jpg blackjack 3.jpg blackjack 4.jpg
Has a leather strap, and a 1943 Nicaraguan coin embedded in the large end.

HistoryTeacher

Mar 9, 2017
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool find. I think it a very cool blackjack that should make you some money. What is it made of?

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your teacher would hit you with those when I was a kid and your parents would praise them for doing so.

BrassEagle

Mar 15, 2009
Grainte Bay
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster/Di
It looks like the one my dad carried in his back pocket and a 32 in his front pocket when he went to work .he was a Bartender. If the end is heavy its a black jack.

OP
OP
D

deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not sure what it is made of. maybe horn, maybe micarta, some kind of plastic.

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn’t look like a sap to me - why would the handle be jointed? The part with the coin looks more handle-ish.

mcmich

Mar 2, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Tiger Shark
I would say blackjack, actually slapjacks are jointed or made of braided leather (at least that's what googling found :)

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dad was a bouncer and a cop, so I’ve seen plenty of blackjacks. I have a few he took from people somewhere. I know they’re jointed. But why is the HANDLE jointed on this one? So it can pinch you? So you don’t need to care which end you use?

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
That is a stamp for a wax seal...they where used to ensure that the letter or package was untampere..hence the reverse print...db

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread