What's new

Is your Christmas shopping done yet?

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2007
Messages
1,085
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
Am I the only last minute shopper?

Things have been pretty tight this year so we didn't get to go shopping as early as usual so we are going tomorrow evening.

Every year we say we are going to start right after Christmas but it seems we always wait until sometime in December, but never this late.

Have a safe and Merry Christmas everyone!
 
I hate Christmas shopping . I just hand out the green and let people buy what they want ( no complaints as of yet ) . Some folks would rather put it towards groceries or bills .Merry Christmas to all .
 
dirt doctor said:
I hate Christmas shopping . I just hand out the green and let people buy what they want ( no complaints as of yet ) . Some folks
would rather put it towards groceries or bills .Merry Christmas to all .

I would rather hand out cash or gift cards but with having to children ages 13 and 10 I have to have some gifts under the tree. This year I'm going to get some gifts and give them a gift cards because they can get more for their money after Christmas.

mcgearhead said:
That's too funny windharvester ! We say the same thing every year, that right after the new year we would start buying a little each month for the next Christmas. Well here we are waiting to get my check this week, so we can get everything on Christmas eve, again !

I am going to stick to my plan this time. I just hate all of the last minute shopping !

I hate the last minute shopping too, it's so stressful.

Yep, your family and mine sound a lot alike MC.
 
I usually shop during the year instead of Christmas time and hide it till Christmas, also comes in handy in case a "get out of the dog house" ticket is needed.. :laughing9:
 
Treasure_Hunter said:
I usually shop during the year instead of Christmas time and hide it till Christmas, also comes in handy in case a "get out of the dog house" ticket is needed.. :laughing9:

Now that is what I call thinking ahead.
 
WindHarvester said:
dirt doctor said:
I hate Christmas shopping . I just hand out the green and let people buy what they want ( no complaints as of yet ) . Some folks
would rather put it towards groceries or bills .Merry Christmas to all .

I would rather hand out cash or gift cards but with having to children ages 13 and 10 I have to have some gifts under the tree. This year I'm going to get some gifts and give them a gift cards because they can get more for their money after Christmas.










My wife on the other hand loves to shop for the " under the tree stuff " for the kids + Grandkids
so they usually end up with a gift and cash .Good idea on the gift cards W.H. .






[/q
 
WindHarvester said:
Things have been pretty tight this year so we didn't get to go shopping as early as usual so we are going tomorrow evening.

Yes, things are tight most everywhere today, so I got everyone the same thing they got last year. A Christmas card with good tidings. Maybe next year I'll be able to afford the stamps to finally put on them :laughing7:

So my gift to all is, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
 
Hey, if it isn`t after noon on the 24th, it isn`t Christmas shopping!
 
I am usually a last-minute shopper, but this year I got mine done about a week in advance. And the stuff we give out
from the two of us is all done now, too. We usually give out 2 or 3 gift cards too besides the other stuff. Sometimes
the gift cards are very appropriate either for clothes or in a restaurant.
Merry Christmas everyone.
Ray.
 
Good Evening Ray,

That is great of you, Does your Lodge give out fruit baskets to Widiows of Masons? Here we put together, fruit, cookies, and candy baskets, last week we delivered over 300.

I jsut wondered if that is done at all lodges.

Merry Christmas Brother.
 
I just finished mine, took me about 45 minutes plus 30 minutes to check-out. The only ones getting anything more than a gift card (if they're lucky!) are my neice and 5 nephews, everyone else is outta luck. Christmas presents are for kids. I did get the wife a new laptop though.

Times are tough times are hard here's your *&^#$%@ Christmas card! Merry Christmas people! Frosty_by_melonhead_emotion.gif
 
With a 7 yr old in the house I also have to have presents under the tree. Sometime we start right after the first of the year when the stores are trying to get rid of the inventory of toys. We start buying and then wrap them. The only thing that I new to get is a gift card and some lottery tickets for when we read the Night Before Christmas......Matt
 
Nope, not a last minute shopper. Do not like putting up with the crowds.

I normally get a catalog and send eatable goodies to each family. Can do that from the comfort of my home and not worry about the crowds.

On Christmas day I put a few select gifts under the tree for the family and supplement that with a few green backs in a card.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

Ray S ECenFL
 
We haven't even got a tree yet >:(

happy Festivus
 
mojjax said:
We haven't even got a tree yet >:(

happy Festivus
Tree? Someone say tree? I have a Charlie Brown tree, stands about 18 inches tall, I think it's in storage.
That's what families houses are for, all the perks and none of the hassle. :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom