What's new

it been a while.....

Treefrog

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2009
Messages
495
Reaction score
78
Golden Thread
0
Location
cookeville
well folks it has been some time since I posted here, been really busy with raising 3 kids on my own while going through a nasty divorce. But I have done a little digging from time to time too to blow off some steam. I am still digging the same area I used to, now going on 3 years and over 400 points and 22 pestles have came out. I dug out a shed deer antler on Sunday that was all together in a vertical position. it was broken into 5 pieces and was about 4 ft down in the dirt. it looks like they may have been going to use it as handles for knifes is my thought. maybe u guys may have some input on it too.
Ill post some pics of it and some other stuff that has came out in the last several months as well.
Ill try to stay more in touch from now on, things are starting to settle down some around here and with winter coming Ill be getting geared up to move some dirt in the cooler days!!!
Tree
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20130901_153404_841.webp
    IMG_20130901_153404_841.webp
    349.5 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_20130903_180851_260.webp
    IMG_20130903_180851_260.webp
    272.5 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_20130903_181006_197.webp
    IMG_20130903_181006_197.webp
    290 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20130901_153427_939.webp
    IMG_20130901_153427_939.webp
    304.7 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_20130901_142501_994.webp
    IMG_20130901_142501_994.webp
    294.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20130901_141529_308.webp
    IMG_20130901_141529_308.webp
    467 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_20130828_224209_786.webp
    IMG_20130828_224209_786.webp
    387 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_20130804_131222_602.webp
    IMG_20130804_131222_602.webp
    298.9 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20130624_150605_035.webp
    IMG_20130624_150605_035.webp
    489 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_20130725_153745_016.webp
    IMG_20130725_153745_016.webp
    136.2 KB · Views: 93
  • 2013-03-18_14-59-18_390.webp
    2013-03-18_14-59-18_390.webp
    232.3 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_20130413_152726_724.webp
    IMG_20130413_152726_724.webp
    216.8 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20130421_100617_652.webp
    IMG_20130421_100617_652.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20130421_112048_829.webp
    IMG_20130421_112048_829.webp
    491.9 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20130519_170508_544.webp
    IMG_20130519_170508_544.webp
    529.5 KB · Views: 90
Upvote 0
and a few more pics.....
 

Attachments

  • 2012-10-07_18-31-41_173.webp
    2012-10-07_18-31-41_173.webp
    307.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 2012-10-07_15-18-04_498.webp
    2012-10-07_15-18-04_498.webp
    464.9 KB · Views: 93
  • 2012-10-07_15-16-22_622.webp
    2012-10-07_15-16-22_622.webp
    733.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 2012-09-16_14-56-06_610.webp
    2012-09-16_14-56-06_610.webp
    584.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 2012-09-16_14-55-32_723.webp
    2012-09-16_14-55-32_723.webp
    203.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 2012-10-11_22-12-00_267.webp
    2012-10-11_22-12-00_267.webp
    330.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 2013-01-05_18-01-29_724.webp
    2013-01-05_18-01-29_724.webp
    137.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 2013-01-05_18-02-10_476.webp
    2013-01-05_18-02-10_476.webp
    180.2 KB · Views: 96
  • 2013-02-04_15-31-09_189.webp
    2013-02-04_15-31-09_189.webp
    786.8 KB · Views: 94
  • 2013-03-02_17-06-32_475.webp
    2013-03-02_17-06-32_475.webp
    564.9 KB · Views: 92
  • 2013-02-15_21-25-24_704.webp
    2013-02-15_21-25-24_704.webp
    1 MB · Views: 107
  • 2013-03-02_17-14-16_750.webp
    2013-03-02_17-14-16_750.webp
    401 KB · Views: 100
  • 1362531336151.webp
    1362531336151.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 94
  • 2013-03-02_17-14-02_780.webp
    2013-03-02_17-14-02_780.webp
    453 KB · Views: 103
  • 2013-03-02_17-12-46_689.webp
    2013-03-02_17-12-46_689.webp
    346.2 KB · Views: 95
Im so glad you are back Treefrog, learned a lot from your previous threads...
Please keep posting.
 
Glad your back!! Was wondering what was up. No need to apologize. Family always first. I really missed your great dig finds. The deer tines/bases are awesome. They are easy to damage when digging so be careful. You could find some small flaking tools also. That black material is really nice. And the triangle, and tools are great artifacts also. The pink translucent piece is really cool. I need to find a dig spot like yours!! Thanks for the pics Tree!
 
good to hear from ya tree frog looks like you are doing well with finding points,i know all about being a single parent and it will get better.i wouldnt have it any other way now that i look back on it,enjoy your time with your kids.oh thanks for sharing your finds.
 
:notworthy: tree the main thing is you came back and shared with us your journey. I see your flint I see mine. Great looking Guntersvilles ,Hamilton ,Adena and turkeytail,Kirks and stanlys. You are the man. I am glad you are well and it sure looks like you have moved some dirt. I am so jealous. You are at 4' now and that antler is preserved so well. I am sure they were going to utilize all of it.
So one question...... was most everything out front?
Welcome back Tree!
HH
TnMtns
 
Thanks all... Tnmountains, well I am now getting in under the drip line, I got into one spot right at the drip line that I had about 40 points come out of about a 4x4x4 area in about 3 weekends of digging. the big 5 in one that looks like a turkey tail is actually a catoco creek blade that is missing the base about 1 inch or so is missing. the way it was broke made it look lie a turkeytail till i got it all cleaned up and realized it was missing some. I still find several outside the shelter. Ive only been inside a few months and when I get tired in there I come out and scratch around on the front still. that 5 inch came from the front. the nicer adenas and hamilitons and guntersvilles came from the drip line mainly. I have a lot more dirt to move. could go as deep as 12 ft deep if I continue to dig assuming there may be stuff at that level. someone has been guerrilla digging when Im not there and I got me a new sift they left the other day. they have been placing trash and sifting right into the wrong spot making it where Ill have to move their discard piles. Ill be looking out to catch em though. they didnt expect me to come down in the middle of a work day and find the sift still hanging there.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20130521_205545_544.webp
    IMG_20130521_205545_544.webp
    526 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20130521_205638_441.webp
    IMG_20130521_205638_441.webp
    206.7 KB · Views: 102
So how did they know it was your spot? I havent met you yet so please do tell. Im guessing its your property? If so I would hate to be the person getting caught. I bet they will be mad to see their sift gone. Did you leave them a note to let them know not to come back?
 
You are right Tree. Everyone expects you to be working and home during the week. A unexpected visit will get them busted. Finding the sifter gone will give them the heads up. Great sifter find!! LOL
 
well Rock, there are signs up all around the dig area telling it is private property and no trespassing, it is also behind a locked gate on the driveway. when I took the sift I left a new no trespassing sign posted on the tree they had the sift attached to. I do not own it but my partner has a 99 year lease on it and he and the landowner has given me only permission to dig to my hearts content. they have been told about the sneaking in and are watching out for them as well. Makes me want to get some leg traps and bury em into the soft dirt where they will step. (I know I cant do that) but boy how it would surprise em if I did.
I am gonna mount some cameras there soon. I work in security and will come up with some goodies to surprise em if it doesnt stop. Some screaming horns when beams are broken will scare the crap out of em.
 
That sounds good the horns. Make sure you put some cameras up to see them run when the others sound off. Id like to see the pictures.
 
Welcome back! No better medicine than to preoccupy our mind on doing something that we enjoy, and even better spending it with our children.
Those are some really nice artifacts that you have found. :notworthy:
 
Really great finds:notworthy:, and I know what you are dealing with, trespassers burn me up. You do everything the right way and some jack leg comes in and tries to highjack you. In my state all lands are posted and you have to have written permission on your person, if caught on that land it is a $500 fine , which is not enough IMO.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom