It still happens... sometimes

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made a purchase yesterday, received my change. There in my hand was a '64 quarter. I immediately asked the cashier if she had any others. She said yes, she had received a whole roll, she took the ones from the '30s but had been giving the rest in change. ARRRRGH! I got eight more at face, dates ranged from '59-'64, over $50 in silver at current spot for $2.25. No, she wouldn't part with the ones she had bought. I did, however learn she is into Wheat Cents. Her oldest was a 1910, but she had lost it. I got gobs of them. Possibilities loom. Gonna dig out a 1909 and put it in a 2X2 for her. Perhaps gift her an Indian Head Cent, got a few dozen of them, all common date. I WILL approach her about holding any old funny money for me in the future. I take it when and where I find it. Whoo-hooo!
Robin

Upvote 0
OP
OP
CaptainRobin

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stew... yup and yup. She wouldn't part with them, "so I took what I could get, I took what I could get" ~ don't remember the artist who did that line line a song...
Robin

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
CaptainRobin said:
Stew... yup and yup. She wouldn't part with them, "so I took what I could get, I took what I could get" ~ don't remember the artist who did that line line a song...
Robin
Great story Capn! And the band was BTO - Bachman Turner Overdrive ;D
"You aint seen nothin yet"

F

Farchaus2k

Interesting story about that song. Randy Bachman (the lead singer) wrote that song as a joke about his brother, Gary Bachman (the drummer), who had a severe stutter. The song was basically a joke about his brother attempting to pick up a girl. It was never intended to go mainstream, but as history would have it, the song was one of BTO's biggest hits. And now you know the rest of the story........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions