epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
A while back I bought a group of NJ Fire Dept. badges on eBay, got them out to start selling them on eBay, while taking pics of the front and back I realized two were Gold. One stamped "SOLID GOLD" and the other 14K, which was a huge win for me. Then I checked two of the unmarked badges that I thought might be gold at my buddies jewelry store, and sure enough they are both 10K Gold. I never thought to check the badges when they came because the seller never mentioned any gold, but after selling some of the other Non-Gold badges, and making myself $1275, I still have 3 other badges to list, along with the 4 Gold badges leftover. I have 1.5 ounces of 14K, and 1.03 ounces of 10K.

All in all a great purchase for $700

IMG_5557a.JPG

IMG_5561a.JPG

IMG_5566.JPG
IMG_5567.JPG

IMG_5568.JPG
IMG_5569.JPG
Badge3aaaaa.jpg
Badge3aaaa.jpg

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, I found a NYC Detective badge that is 14k, it was worn as a necklace.

OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
great looking badges there.....I dont know if I could part with them.
I only collect Paterson NJ badges, these were fairly local and I knew I could flip the ones I sold already, haven't done anything with the gold badges just yet...

Here are some of my Paterson NJ badges starting from 1858
DSC00046.jpg

OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
I really like that Exempt firemen assoc badge.....what's the story of that one
These badges would have been offered to exempt Paterson Firefighters, those who made at least 60% of working fires for seven years, but I have only seen 4 in my time collecting. Mine and two with friends who also collect Paterson FD items, and one in the Smithsonian which has all the gold worn of it...

It's nice having a badge better than the one in the Smithsonian... lol

@3a.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread