epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
A while back I bought a group of NJ Fire Dept. badges on eBay, got them out to start selling them on eBay, while taking pics of the front and back I realized two were Gold. One stamped "SOLID GOLD" and the other 14K, which was a huge win for me. Then I checked two of the unmarked badges that I thought might be gold at my buddies jewelry store, and sure enough they are both 10K Gold. I never thought to check the badges when they came because the seller never mentioned any gold, but after selling some of the other Non-Gold badges, and making myself $1275, I still have 3 other badges to list, along with the 4 Gold badges leftover. I have 1.5 ounces of 14K, and 1.03 ounces of 10K.

All in all a great purchase for $700

IMG_5557a.JPG

IMG_5561a.JPG

IMG_5566.JPG
IMG_5567.JPG

IMG_5568.JPG
IMG_5569.JPG
Badge3aaaaa.jpg
Badge3aaaa.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, I found a NYC Detective badge that is 14k, it was worn as a necklace.

great looking badges there.....I dont know if I could part with them.
I only collect Paterson NJ badges, these were fairly local and I knew I could flip the ones I sold already, haven't done anything with the gold badges just yet...

Here are some of my Paterson NJ badges starting from 1858
DSC00046.jpg

I really like that Exempt firemen assoc badge.....what's the story of that one
These badges would have been offered to exempt Paterson Firefighters, those who made at least 60% of working fires for seven years, but I have only seen 4 in my time collecting. Mine and two with friends who also collect Paterson FD items, and one in the Smithsonian which has all the gold worn of it...

It's nice having a badge better than the one in the Smithsonian... lol

@3a.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back