It Was A Good Day In South MO, I Didnt Have To Use My Back Hoe...

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It Was A Good Day In South MO, I Didn't Have To Use My Back Hoe...

My spirits were lifted yesterday for sure. We are completely thawed and the soil was like "buttah." I started out the day with a deliberate quest for my 417 Relic Hunters Club hidden token. Buried in one of the dozens of parks in the city. With three cryptic clues provided by the last member to hide it, I spent a few hours in an older park and finally scored the token. It is a win because he/she who finds the token does not have to pay club dues this year, yay! :hello2: I have to go hide it next month and we start the game all over again.

After finding the token and being content with that, I decided to go to a local soccer field that has given up six pieces of sterling jewelry already. I went to a grassy area just outside of the beautiful synthetic outdoor field, where the teams sit on benches, warm up, and throw their gear. I found a 1996 soccer token, a brass spring clip, a soccer pin, and then a pretty ladies sterling ring with a mystery stone. The ring is marked .925. The stone looks like pale green/blue glass with black inclusions in it. It tested negative for diamond. Any ideas from out gemologists out there? :icon_scratch:

All in all, a great day just got better! Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting to all! Sub 8-)

Attachments

• tokenring1.JPG
    tokenring1.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 135
  • tokenring2.JPG
    tokenring2.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 121
  • tokenring3.JPG
    tokenring3.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 134
  • tokenring4.JPG
    tokenring4.JPG
    235.6 KB · Views: 128
Upvote 16

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on scoring the "token"! That is a really cool deal.

I like the ring too. I have yet to find my first silver ring in 2016. The weather promises to be nice this weekend, so maybe my time will come.

Best of luck to you Sub!

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the token idea . Nice job on the treasure hunt

maccounty

Jan 7, 2016
SwMissouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Minelab go find 60 Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations! Is there any of your 417 members that hunt in the far southwest corner say around cassville area? Would'nt mind joining a club.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's awesome, getting a free year. :thumbsup: Looking forward to swinging the coil this weekend.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's great to see you getting out again! Been chompin a little at the bit lately. Looks like I'll be able to try soon.

Anyway, not only did you get out but such nice finds! That ring just had to let you live the dream for at least a bit,
Even after figuring out, it is a wonderful piece of bling! What'd it ring up at?

Good job!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that token idea for a club. Congrats on getting your year paid Sub. Nice ring also.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great idea. I have always wanted to join a club and hunt with like minded people but alas not many adventurous souls in Oklahoma. Congrats.

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on scoring the "token"! That is a really cool deal.

I like the ring too. I have yet to find my first silver ring in 2016. The weather promises to be nice this weekend, so maybe my time will come.

Best of luck to you Sub!

Go get your loot, Tom, and I hope your weather cooperates! Thanks for the kind words, I will enjoy seeing what the thaw brings you and our other TNet friends! Sub 8-)

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations! Is there any of your 417 members that hunt in the far southwest corner say around cassville area? Would'nt mind joining a club.
Hi Maccounty, Yes, there 417 Relic Hunter Club members that hunt the Cassville area, usually on permission properties. So Please join us at a monthly meeting , first Tuesday of every month at 7:00 at the Springfield Library, South Campbell and Hi 60. Sub 8-)

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's great to see you getting out again! Been chompin a little at the bit lately. Looks like I'll be able to try soon.

Anyway, not only did you get out but such nice finds! That ring just had to let you live the dream for at least a bit,
Even after figuring out, it is a wonderful piece of bling! What'd it ring up at?

Good job!

Thank You Whadi! This little piece of heaven rang up as 77-78, just barely under the grass. I hope you see some thaw this weekend and get out a'diggin'! Still chasing the dream! Sub 8-)

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice ring. I love finding any gold or silver rings.
Too bad it wasn't a diamond but still a great ring find.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice Save Sub! Seeing that Big stone I would have had to set down for awhile...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread